The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Question for the collective; is Raúl Juliá's M.Bison the greatest performance in an otherwise horrific film?  Any other suggestions/contenders?

Street Fighter the movie deserved an Oscar.

Question for the collective; is Raúl Juliá's M.Bison the greatest performance in an otherwise horrific film?  Any other suggestions/contenders?

ming-na-chun-likylie-minogue-espectacula

Edited by Meath_Villan
  • Like 1

ming-na-chun-likylie-minogue-espectacula

A young Kylie Minogue, what more could you want from a film?

This is the end 5/10 Michael cera probably the best thing about the film

I watched it last night - probably 6/10 from me. Cera was funny in his short role. The film did make me chuckle a bit but it wasn't a classic! 

Argo - 7.5/10 - good fun, and nice story. A bit like American Hustle in that I understand why people like it, really not sure it was worth loads of awards. Was well directed and I enjoyed all the cast, a typical ebullient Goodman cameo, Cranston Aarkin etc all very good. Not much on the hostages, but I suppose it was all about the operation and I thought the closing credits of aligning the shots from history with the films photography is a risk especially when you've utilised lots of artistic license elsewhere - I'm rather sure the final dramatic ending was invented entirely. Opens up an allegation of being a bit disingenuous, when you discover what was altered from the original event later. Still,  a sleek, enjoyable story.

This is the end 5/10 Michael cera probably the best thing about the film

I watched it last night - probably 6/10 from me. Cera was funny in his short role. The film did make me chuckle a bit but it wasn't a classic! 

that and this 

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed This Is The End - plainly idulgent and stupid but still a fair few laughs.

Watched Runner Runner last night - it just felt quite hollow(?) everything was kind of rushed, the plot, the 'suspense' and the finale with no real attention to substance.

It looked good but could've been so much better (with about an extra 20-30mins added)

5/10 (avoid unless seriously bored)

Â