The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched 12 years a slave and don't get all the fuss. I was bored for most of the film.

Then there's something wrong with you.

It's **** superb.

I thought I'd love it but I really was just bored. Slavery was bad, its not really anything knew and I didn't find it enjoyable. I thought the young girl was great in it but the main actor, like the film, I didn't see the fuss about it.

Wolf of wall street on the other hand is one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Watched 500 days of summer yesterday, a great film and really well done in parts.

You need to give your thoughts on it as well pooligan!  :D

As much as I dislike overblown CGI movies, I must admit that new Transformers movies has two things going for it - some cracking scenes in Hong Kong and Mark Wahlberg flexing his guns! I'm not gay but I would for Wahlberg! 

I like pooligan's film reviews.

My favourite was the one time he expanded on his opinion and said that he saw that Danny Dyer was starring in a movie and he thought "this must be good then". And it was.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Nooooooo!

Michael Bay has been allowed to further ruin the transformers series!

The new one has Galvatron in it too.

Damn Hollywood!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Has a lot more outdoor locations than his usual work too from what i've read.

It'll be interesting to see how those usual trademark aesthetics (attention to symmetry / colour palette etc) work on those scenes.

Edited by Designer1

Has a lot more outdoor locations than his usual work too from what i've read.

It'll be interesting to see how those usual trademark aesthetics (attention to symmetry / colour palette etc) work on those scenes.

I could genuinely watch about 2 hours of it with the sound off, judging by the trailer.

Captain Phillips - excellent.

Really intense movie. Stellar performances from Hanks and those who play his captors.

The last five minutes with the medical examination is easily the best i've ever seen him (Hanks) act. That scene wasn't even in the original screenplay!

• Like 1

Captain Phillips - excellent.

Really intense movie. Stellar performances from Hanks and those who play his captors.

The last five minutes with the medical examination is easily the best i've ever seen him (Hanks) act. That scene wasn't even in the original screenplay!

The lady playing the medic in that scene was/is a real life Navy medic. She was asked to play it as she would in reality rather than try and act. I love that kind of attention to detail

• Like 2

No Country for Old Men - right. Have determined after 30 minutes of calming down that I enjoyed this film alot, but that final half hour royally pissed me off at first. I know it's realistic and on reflection accepted it, but the

denial of the showdown still thoroughly had me fuming, to the point I couldn't really focus on the dialogue for the last 20 minutes. May re-watch to see if I missed anything significant

Still, superb acting, choreography of the chase etc, 8/10

Â