The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I love how neeson has carved a little niche for himself as a different kind of action hero and with a couple more of these type of films with neeson due out this year

Loved taken alot. Taken 2 however was absolutely disgraceful.

The Grey - better than I thought it would be but quite bleak! Liked the ending though

Did you watch the end after the credits??

I did, but only as someone told me. I thought it was unnecessary too.

The Grey - better than I thought it would be but quite bleak! Liked the ending though

I watched this last night too!

Are you my misses?

I could be if you treat me right  ;)

just seen the oscar nominations

disappointed Rush was snubbed, i really enjoyed it, surprised emma thompson wasnt up for best actress and shocked tom hanks isnt up for best actor

and blackfish isnt up for best documentary or monsters university for best animated film

philomena is up for best film, havent seen it talked about here, saw it reviewed well but it didnt appeal to me at all

Edited by villa4europe

Just watched 'Django Unchained'.. Absolutely brilliant film , loved it.. 

Had everything really, humour, violence, romance, passion and tension.. Brilliant scenes throughout.

DiCaprio was great, Christoph waltz was simply brilliant in the role he portrayed. And Jamie Foxx was a fantastic choice. 

1016.gif

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

I only have one issue with the casting in Django...

Why the **** did Tarantino put himself in there? And Jesus, that Australian accent... my God man.

For some reason he loves putting himself in roles in his films...

He probably wanted to be an actor...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I only have one issue with the casting in Django...

Why the **** did Tarantino put himself in there? And Jesus, that Australian accent... my God man.

They were originally supposed to be from London but Tarantino couldn't do the accent and thought they may as well just make them Australians.

Oh and just finished wolf of Wall Street absolutely **** brilliant film

12 Years A Slave was tough, and rather good... but I was left a bit disappointed.

It lacks something and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Immediate impression is that there just wasn't enough depth, or characterisation? Not sure. You're moved because of the horrific violence and the circumstances, but by the end... I was left a little cold, and I do think that is a mix of an underwritten main character and... it just feels a bit short? I mean, 12 years is a LONG time, but it never really felt that way. It seemed to be 2-3 years at max. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a longer cut to this film.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Having watched 12 Years a Slave I didn't think it was that great, but then again maybe the medium doesn't stand a chance tackling a subject like this. I was interested in the story though and my eyes lit up to see that it was based on an actual memoir.

Also watched Days of Heaven I thought  that was really good I thought the best thing about it was the young girl's narration, apparently she made it all up herself as she went along, whoever she is she should write some of her thoughts down and release them as a book.

Watched Now You See Me last night - it was pretty 'ok' but tried too hard to be a magicians Oceans 11 (remake version - right down to the soundtrack) but came across as too smarmy.

The 'twist' was expected too but didn't really spoil anything.

All in all, a good Saturday night 'popcorn'  movie.

• Like 1

I just watched Szindbad on Youtube, it's meant to be a forgotten masterpiece of cinema. It was quite good, wouldn't mind an archival copy with better picture quality and subtitles. I can see why it get's mentioned alongside Tree of Life, guy looking back on his life and shots of nature and stuff.

Â