The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Moon 7 out of 10. Really liked this movie. Poor man's version of kubricks 2001 which is no bad thing. Sam rockwell was superb.

Man of steel - 4 out of 10. Diabolical. What a mess of a movie.

Taxi driver - 9 out of 10. Watched it again recently after many years. Brilliant. Feel it loses its way slightly near the end when jodie foster is in it but other then that it's almost perfect.

For those that haven't seen it (or even those that have!), Animal Kingdom is on C4 now. Really worth watching.

It's a cracking little film - I hadn't realised it was a true story until I read Chopper's book, he talks about the family in that.

The performance of the most frightening of the brothers is fantastic, he's not a big bloke, or particularly aggressive,  but he just puts you on edge from the moment he appears on screen.

Ben Mendelsohn?

For those that haven't seen it (or even those that have!), Animal Kingdom is on C4 now. Really worth watching.

It's a cracking little film - I hadn't realised it was a true story until I read Chopper's book, he talks about the family in that.

The performance of the most frightening of the brothers is fantastic, he's not a big bloke, or particularly aggressive,  but he just puts you on edge from the moment he appears on screen.

Ben Mendelsohn?

That's the fella - really good performance.

watched the wolverine in absolutely pointless 3D

it wasnt that bad, decent enough story, bit darker than the previous ones which i liked, the daft bullet train scenes were actually pretty cool, disappointed with their use of japan didnt think they really showed the country off like they could have done, also slightly disappointed with -

the silver samurai, the other fight scenes with the black clan and the son etc were all decent, the finale with the SS was a bit shite

but the 3D, **** me what a waste of time, i dont have to pay any extra which is the only reason i went but if i had id have been fuming, added absolutely nothing, 80% of the film wasnt even in 3D

and i'll add its certainly not a kids film, some very talky bits and he's not in costume at all, most of the action scenes are martial arts scenes rather than costumed super heroes running round, my 4&6 year old nephews wouldnt have stood a chance with it

Edited by villa4europe

Watched Gallowwalkers last night.

Its hard to think of any positives in it really. Wesley Snipes was the lead but I do wonder if he started this before he got sent down for tax evation because there and awful lot of shots of him in the distance or with his back to camera. The story just doesnt make any sense at all and there are so many questions that spring to mind while watching it that dont even get touched upon.

Really do not bother.

Watched Beautiful creatures last night. The missus had read the book and wanted to see the film too. She wasn't impressed. And she likes Twilight. Me, well, at least I was relaxed in the sofa. I've seen worse, but not that many. Maybe 3/10, mostly because the main characters didn't look like models and Jeremy Irons was in it.

Have anyone seen And you see me?

Nick Cage's performance in Con Air is surely one of the worst in the history of cinema.

Surely everything to do with that movie is one of the worst in history. It's up there with Armageddon as abysmal dross.

Watched the British 2010 film "Monsters". I don't even remember hearing about it or seeing it advertised, came across it on Netflix and thought it was decent for a pretty tiny budget.

Savages - 4 out of 10. What a proper shite movie lol. I thought with oliver stone directing and a top cast this would be decent. Was god awful. 

Never seen it, but surely 4/10 is just below average? Shite/Awful would suggest a lot worse?

Edited by kurtsimonw

Watched the British 2010 film "Monsters". I don't even remember hearing about it or seeing it advertised, came across it on Netflix and thought it was decent for a pretty tiny budget.

Savages - 4 out of 10. What a proper shite movie lol. I thought with oliver stone directing and a top cast this would be decent. Was god awful.

Never seen it, but surely 4/10 is just below average? Shite/Awful would suggest a lot worse?

Yeah your right it should be lower. Give it a 2 / 10

Yeah your right it should be lower. Give it a 2 / 10

It must be shit then, seeing as any movie with Blake Lively automatically gets a 2 for getting to see her!

Wolverine. Completely fine, surprisingly funny and straight story goes completely snooker loopy in the last 20, stay for the mid credits sequence.

Been waiting to see what you had to say. I think it looks poor from the trailers, but so far the reviews seem to be pretty positive.

Â