YLN

What is your smoking status?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What is your smoking status?

• Addicted smoker
    • I smoke sociably
    • Never smoked
    • I'm a quitter

I've been smoking a bit more than usual lately. Sometimes during the daytime even when not drinking. I think I'm close enough to it being out of my control. I was just wondering what percentage of VTers smoked and what ye think of the habit.

I'm coming around to the impression that smokers are generally more fun than those who don't. They have a different perspective on life, as they are willing to express to the world that they are not completely in control. Non-smokers can carry on under the impression that they are in control of their actions, when in fact we are all controlled by different cravings and motivations and impulses.

Needing to go for a fag is nearly a positive trait in someone as far as I'm concerned, rather than there being any unsociable element to it. Smokers are jokers

Never smoked.

I think your impression is probably wrong too. Its just that if you smoke then you are more likely to be friends with other smokers and probably find them more fun to be with. Ditto if you dont smoke, you will probably be friends with more non smokers.

i gave up 11 months ago,its been the best thing i have ever done..i was smoking about 20 to 30 a day,i think im saving over 220 euro a month by being off them.i started in the gym to, i could never have done that had i stayed on them.health wise i feel like a new man honest.

Probably the most pointless activity ever.

At least if you drink, you get drunk. Or if you smoke weed, you get high.

Amen brother. Smoking holds no benefits at all.

If you wanna stop get on Allen Carrs book (not he unfunny homo fella, the one that died) it worked wonders for me. Cold turkey and I love it

Peace,

Trim

I smoked briefly in my youth, but stopped cause it's **** pointless. Smoking is a 100% waste of human endeavour and the planet's resources from the beginning of production through to stubbing a fag out. If you want to smoke, then fine, but expect no sympathy or quarter from me and don't even THINK about justifying it to me.

Correctemundo, Nays.

general.jpg

genport.jpg

Seven times the amount of nicotine straight into your blood. Won't mess with your lungs and there are no proven links to cancer. Only reason not to do it is that it's impossible to quit, and that it's banned in the EU (I don't know why, when cigarettes are legal) excluding Norway and Sweden.

I smoked briefly in my youth, but stopped cause it's **** pointless. Smoking is a 100% waste of human endeavour and the planet's resources from the beginning of production through to stubbing a fag out. If you want to smoke, then fine, but expect no sympathy or quarter from me and don't even THINK about justifying it to me.
My experience (and attitude) entirely.

I have to work VERY hard sometimes to hide my contempt for smokers. I really think it is a pathetic habit and cannot see why anybody would want to do it.

Â