YLN

What is your smoking status?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What is your smoking status?

• Addicted smoker
    • I smoke sociably
    • Never smoked
    • I'm a quitter

Was off them for 2 years then had a cigar 12 months ago. Now 2 or 3 roll ups a day. I should know better really but I really love smoking...

One thing, when I wasn't smoking for those 2 years I had chest pain, one of the reasons I have a fag now is to stop the chest pain.

And I definitely agree with the ban in public places, people who don't like the smoke shouldn't be near it.

My dad stopped smoking when he was 55 after 40 years as a smoker.. last year 17 years after he did stop smoking he had his lunges scanned and the doctors couldn't even see he had been a smoker, he's lunges was normal..

One of my best friends granddad, he had smoked since from he was 14 years old, when he was 79 he stopped smoking, one week after he died :shock:

I'm not trying to defend smoking at all, maybe I'm just trying to find a real reason to continue smoking

my cousin got breast cancer a couple of years ago and had to go through chemo and a mammagram (is that what it's called)
Depends what you're talking about. A mammogram is a breast scan to check for tumours. Total or partial removal of the breast is a mastectomy. No joke, as my missus could tell you - she had one four years ago.

my cousin got breast cancer a couple of years ago and had to go through chemo and a mammagram (is that what it's called)
Depends what you're talking about. A mammogram is a breast scan to check for tumours. Total or partial removal of the breast is a mastectomy. No joke, as my missus could tell you - she had one four years ago.
radiotherapy i thinl is the one he's looking for..

Was off them for 2 years then had a cigar 12 months ago. Now 2 or 3 roll ups a day. I should know better really but I really love smoking...

One thing, when I wasn't smoking for those 2 years I had chest pain, one of the reasons I have a fag now is to stop the chest pain.

Seriously mate, if you haven't done so already, you should go get that checked out.

I loved smoking too, I genuinely enjoyed the experience and the taste but given history in my family, I knew I had to give up. It sucks.

I'm not trying to defend smoking at all, maybe I'm just trying to find a real reason to continue smoking

I admire your honesty and self awareness! Good on yer, keep it up. There'll come a point when you go, 'hang on, why AM I doing this?' but non smokers shouting at you won't bring it around any quicker.

radiotherapy i thinl is the one he's looking for..

Nope, Mastectomy was what I was looking for. Don't know why I said Mammogram, as that obviously isn't removal of the breast (although no doubt she had a mammogram at some point)

But yeh, she had her breast removed, so Mastectomy is the right answer.

Seriously mate, if you haven't done so already, you should go get that checked out.

I loved smoking too, I genuinely enjoyed the experience and the taste but given history in my family, I knew I had to give up. It sucks.

Thanks. I have, nothin found. I have a smoking related mental illness I think.

ill quit when i want to, it gets on my tits when you have people going on about how bad it is, public bans, warnings on packets etc, i just think screw it, ill give up when i want to, not when someone tells me to.

ill quit when i want to, it gets on my tits when you have people going on about how bad it is, public bans, warnings on packets etc, i just think screw it, ill give up when i want to, not when someone tells me to.
the public ban is the best thing that ever happend,and i even said that when i was on them..why should i breath in your second hand smoke..if you ever give them up that ban will help so much..its a dirty filty habbet..

I smoke when I'm out and even I think the public smoking ban is brilliant. Just makes places more pleasant. Bit of a shitter in the winter when you have to go outside for a fag, but in the summer it turns smoking into a bit of a social event. i like it.

I smoke when I'm out and even I think the public smoking ban is brilliant. Just makes places more pleasant. Bit of a shitter in the winter when you have to go outside for a fag, but in the summer it turns smoking into a bit of a social event. i like it.
i have to say,that is the one thing i do miss about smoking..its the going outside and having a bit of crack with people you dont know..but health wise,its just not worth it..i have a spin class tonight in the gym,i would never have been able to do that before..

We have become so afraid of dying that we forget to live..

so once again.Eat well, stay fit, live pure, don't smoke, die anyway!'

I'd don't apologies, I'm sorry that is just how I am :winkold:

dirty smoker ha ha..look at me,nothing more pure now :lol:

i have to say,that is the one thing i do miss about smoking..its the going outside and having a bit of crack with people you dont know.

it's brilliant. Also, never light your own cigarette, that's my rule of thumb when I smoke. Easy way to start a conversation is by asking for a light.

No prizes for guessing which sex I normally ask for a light first ;)

i have to say,that is the one thing i do miss about smoking..its the going outside and having a bit of crack with people you dont know.

it's brilliant. Also, never light your own cigarette, that's my rule of thumb when I smoke. Easy way to start a conversation is by asking for a light.

Absolutely.

maybe ill go back on them,i need a ladie :D

Â