YLN

What is your smoking status?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What is your smoking status?

• Addicted smoker
    • I smoke sociably
    • Never smoked
    • I'm a quitter

Anyway, she was just finishing her chemoo and was visiting my gran (I was there too) and my Aunt was also there, and my Aunt just sparked up a cig and started smoking right next to my cousin.

I know smoking would have no effect on her cancer, but I still thought it was highly inappropriate.

Not sure about inappropriate but certainly insensitive.

We've got a rule in our house that you can smoke weed inside but if you want to smoke fags you've got to do it either outside or in your room with the door shut. It's more because of the smell than anything though.

Anyway, she was just finishing her chemoo and was visiting my gran (I was there too) and my Aunt was also there, and my Aunt just sparked up a cig and started smoking right next to my cousin.

I know smoking would have no effect on her cancer, but I still thought it was highly inappropriate.

Not sure about inappropriate but certainly insensitive.

We've got a rule in our house that you can smoke weed inside but if you want to smoke fags you've got to do it either outside or in your room with the door shut. It's more because of the smell than anything though.

That will be the set up in our house as well, and to be honest I doubt I'll smoke in my room much myself, makes everything smell.

We have become so afraid of dying that we forget to live..

so once again.Eat well, stay fit, live pure, don't smoke, die anyway!'

I'd don't apologies, I'm sorry that is just how I am :winkold:

Do you really think that the reason that people don't smoke is because they think they won't die?

Having been a smoker and a non-smoker I can honestly say my life without fags is MASSIVELY more enjoyable than it was with.

Try it, you might like it.

We have become so afraid of dying that we forget to live..

so once again.Eat well, stay fit, live pure, don't smoke, die anyway!'

I'd don't apologies, I'm sorry that is just how I am :winkold:

Do you really think that the reason that people don't smoke is because they think they won't die?

Having been a smoker and a non-smoker I can honestly say my life without fags is MASSIVELY more enjoyable than it was with.

Try it, you might like it.

I hate to admit it, but I agree, so far. I can't quite believe how much of my waking day was spent planning my next ciggy. Don't realise it until you give up.

Still miss it though :(

Probably the most pointless activity ever.

At least if you drink, you get drunk. Or if you smoke weed, you get high.

Amen brother. Smoking holds no benefits at all.

Well, nicotine does tend to improve concentration and memory, though other delivery methods are perhaps better (and cocaine, ritalin, or adderall all likely do a better job of it with fewer adverse side effects).

Never smoked tobacco... smoked cannabis once or twice before deciding that it didn't have an effect on me.

Now, there's a smoke I do endorse.

Been trying to quit the cigarettes for a few months now, but the Villa games keep making me reach for the coffin nails.!!! Down to around 5-10 Marlboro lights a day, and I am an occasional cannabis smoker.

I never have, never will. Hate it. Never been tempted either.

I'm fine with other people smoking, just not around me. I cant stand being around people smoking.

Smokers are a major turn off for me.

done a few cigs before at college (im 17) tried weed and thats alot better, got caught at the age of 15 with my fags at home once, went out and bought another pack straight after lol.

Not had one for a while tbh, i wasnt addicted as such though

Try it, you might like it

I'm 38 now.. before I'm 40 I will be done with smoking.! can wait to see how good my running is going to be after i stop

Being a running club member reinforces my attutude heavily - non-smokers to a man (and woman).

Interestingly enough, snus is being introduced in the US (at least in some form... there are questions as to how snus Marlboro Snus is) in a few test markets.

I read a big article about a year ago, was it on the NY Times website perhaps, about the Scandinavian snus. The conclusion, after going through statistics for smoking related disease in Sweden, was that introducing snus to the American market and getting Americans to switch from ciggies to snus would improve public health in America significantly (as in enough to mention, not as in radically).

Jeez, I should be on Swedish Match's payroll. Thank you for using snus!

Interestingly enough, snus is being introduced in the US (at least in some form... there are questions as to how snus Marlboro Snus is) in a few test markets.

I read a big article about a year ago, was it on the NY Times website perhaps, about the Scandinavian snus. The conclusion, after going through statistics for smoking related disease in Sweden, was that introducing snus to the American market and getting Americans to switch from ciggies to snus would improve public health in America significantly (as in enough to mention, not as in radically).

Jeez, I should be on Swedish Match's payroll. Thank you for using snus!

Part of the issue is that snus and snuff have to carry, on the packaging and in the advertising the following warning: "Chewing tobacco is not a safe alternative to cigarettes". But then again, harm reduction is (in nearly every area) controversial in the USA... the perfect being the enemy of the good and all that...

Â