What is your smoking status?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What is your smoking status?

• Addicted smoker
    • I smoke sociably
    • Never smoked
    • I'm a quitter

To die from smoking, well, every 5th American or so die from smoking

Do they? Or do they die from smoking-related diseases?

usualy on average 2/3 a ay but had 6 yesterday following the Villa, they will kill me this season !!

I never understand people smoking a couple of cigarettes a day. I wonder why you bother, Ian. :D

Either smoke properly or give it up. :winkold:

sometimes I wonder !!

usually one driving to work, driving from work and after tea ...

I smoke socially. End of last year I started to smoke when not out drinking and was afraid I'd get properly addicted so I stopped all together. Back to normal now, never smoke unless I'm out on the piss.

For some reason once I start drinking I'm gasping for cigarettes.

Disagree ! nobody thinks smokers are cool.. most non smokers dislike smokers!

did you smoke for 9 years because you thought it was cool?

all smokers I know smoke because they like the taste of tobacco and because it makes them feel good and relaxed.. same reason why people drinks

and the funny part about non smokers is that people who have smoked them self are always them who have most against smokers..

to smoke because it's cool that is only kids who think that way..

I went through a phase when I had cancer of getting really pissed off with people doing that to themselves. Why had I got cancer and they haven't? Why would they do that to themselves, why don't they try and avoid this horrible illness at all costs?

I've got over that stage though. If you want to smoke that's fine. Just don't do it too near me. I'm so happy about the ban on smoking in public places.

all smokers I know smoke because they like the taste of tobacco and because it makes them feel good and relaxed.. same reason why people drinks

and the funny part about non smokers is that people who have smoked them self are always them who have most against smokers..

I smoked because I thought I was a rock and roll superstar. It went hand in hand with my whole lifestyle at the time.

The reason smoking makes one feel relaxed is because one is addicted to nicotine; withdrawal from nicotine makes one irritable. Smoking a cigarette when you're addicted to nicotine is a good way of feeling what non addicts feel. I find the best way of combatting the irritability is quitting.

I went through a phase when I had cancer of getting really pissed off with people doing that to themselves. Why had I got cancer and they haven't? Why would they do that to themselves, why don't they try and avoid this horrible illness at all costs?

Understand you paddy, and happy you got over your cancer.. but honestly people die and get sick of many other reasons than smoking, more and more get sick cause they are too fat, others get sick and die cause they drink too much.. i have known some people who died of cancer non of them had ever been smoking,

there are so many things you can get sick of, so many kind of diseases you can get, not only cancer but other horrible diseases, in other words life is dangerous no matter if you live it or not..

and i will stop smoking some day so i can get more air for my running :-)

Understand you paddy, and happy you got over your cancer.. but honestly people die and get sick of many other reasons than smoking, more and more get sick cause they are too fat, others get sick and die cause they drink too much.. i have known some people who died of cancer non of them had ever been smoking,

there are so many things you can get sick of, so many kind of diseases you can get, not only cancer but other horrible diseases, in other words life is dangerous no matter if you live it or not..

and i will stop smoking some day so i can get more air for my running :-)

Yeah I know what you mean. Like I say I don't think that anymore (in the bit you didn't quote). I was just really bitter at the time. It just didn't seem fair. But then life isn't. Deal with it.

Agree with paddy 100% on the smoking ban. Had a smoker the other day moaning that it was unfair, what aload of crap. Unfair?? and making the rest of the pub/club/restaurant inhale your second hand smoke is fair? right.

Whats the view of you smokers on the ban?

Probably the most pointless activity ever.

At least if you drink, you get drunk. Or if you smoke weed, you get high.

Amen brother. Smoking holds no benefits at all.

Well, nicotine does tend to improve concentration and memory, though other delivery methods are perhaps better (and cocaine, ritalin, or adderall all likely do a better job of it with fewer adverse side effects).

Never smoked tobacco... smoked cannabis once or twice before deciding that it didn't have an effect on me.

Correctemundo, Nays.

general.jpg

genport.jpg

Seven times the amount of nicotine straight into your blood. Won't mess with your lungs and there are no proven links to cancer. Only reason not to do it is that it's impossible to quit, and that it's banned in the EU (I don't know why, when cigarettes are legal) excluding Norway and Sweden.

Interestingly enough, snus is being introduced in the US (at least in some form... there are questions as to how snus Marlboro Snus is) in a few test markets.

I smoked because I thought I was a rock and roll superstar. It went hand in hand with my whole lifestyle at the time.

I have to say Trim that's not really my personal experience at all. But you are right in general, smoking is in essence a weakness. It's not justifiable, and no-one would really say otherwise.

im off them a year next month..and im just wondering about cravings,im just not sure if i crave anymore.is it something thats just in peoples heads,like if i sit around other smokers i dont feel the need to have one..or smell the smoke and say oh id love a drag off that..

I understand where Paddy is coming from. And for the record I woudl never smoke near anyone who wasn't a smoker, unless they came over to me when I was smoking.

But on Paddy's note, my cousin got breast cancer a couple of years ago and had to go through chemo and a mammagram (is that what it's called)

Anyway, she was just finishing her chemoo and was visiting my gran (I was there too) and my Aunt was also there, and my Aunt just sparked up a cig and started smoking right next to my cousin.

I know smoking would have no effect on her cancer, but I still thought it was highly inappropriate.

Â