1. 1. What is your smoking status?

• Addicted smoker
    • I smoke sociably
    • Never smoked
    • I'm a quitter

Correctemundo, Nays.

general.jpg

genport.jpg

Seven times the amount of nicotine straight into your blood. Won't mess with your lungs and there are no proven links to cancer. Only reason not to do it is that it's impossible to quit, and that it's banned in the EU (I don't know why, when cigarettes are legal) excluding Norway and Sweden.

My boss is American and he 'dips', chews tobacco. He used to use that stuff at the top and now he's using the little pouches. He puts it under his lip and when he gets close and leans over my desk it smells like Beef Jerky. He spits in all our bins in the office and people have to clean them out - mesh wire bins with no bags. He dips when he's talking to you and spits into clear bottles too.. ugh, it's nasty. Don't get me wrong, in this case it may well be the habits of the person, not the habit - but it's not nice at all in my experience. The smell will stay with me forever. :cry:

I thought it had links to mouth cancer? Anyway, he has to get his dad to send it from the States, as he can't get any here at all.

Correctemundo, Nays.

general.jpg

genport.jpg

Seven times the amount of nicotine straight into your blood. Won't mess with your lungs and there are no proven links to cancer. Only reason not to do it is that it's impossible to quit, and that it's banned in the EU (I don't know why, when cigarettes are legal) excluding Norway and Sweden.

My boss is American and he 'dips', chews tobacco. He used to use that stuff at the top and now he's using the little pouches. He puts it under his lip and when he gets close and leans over my desk it smells like Beef Jerky. He spits in all our bins in the office and people have to clean them out - mesh wire bins with no bags. He dips when he's talking to you and spits into clear bottles too.. ugh, it's nasty. Don't get me wrong, in this case it may well be the habits of the person, not the habit - but it's not nice at all in my experience. The smell will stay with me forever. :cry:

I thought it had links to mouth cancer? Anyway, he has to get his dad to send it from the States, as he can't get any here at all.

Thats rather disgusting!

Beef jerky? Urgh, definitely not the case with Scandinavian snus - even the people who don't like the taste of it here agree it actually smells rather nice. You sure he doesn' just eat a lot of beef jerky hence the smell? :)

American 'dip' is quite different from the stuff we use, from my experience.

No proven links to cancer at all with Scandinavian snus. Therefore no mention of the C word in the warnings on the box either. About one third of Norwegian males use snus - I assume it's even higher in Sweden. Just to make it clear that I'm not some disguting freak for using it :)

The only reason people from Norway use Snus is because they can't afford to smoke :-)

tobacco cost top dollar there,more than double of the prize in Denmark.

I thought it had links to mouth cancer?

smokers,Just drink lots of coffee, coffee protects against mouth cancer they say

I have to say; all people who smoke are absolute, class A morons and idiots.

That statement says more about yourself than it does about any smoker

I know it's harsh, but please give me a single reason to smoke when the evidence is there that you die from it.

And please don't give me some "you can also die from drinking milk" rebound ;)

So in fact, if what I wrote was not true, then give me some valid reasons why smoking doesn't make you a class

A idiot.

The only reason people from Norway use Snus is because they can't afford to smoke :-)

tobacco cost top dollar there,more than double of the prize in Denmark.

Snus is tobacco too. Expensive as **** here. About seven pounds for a box, most of it tax. Not that I think that's a bad policy anyway. People should be discouraged from using tobacco and certainly, kids, my advice is to not start using snus if you haven't already.

Besides - we're richer than you ;)

A lot of Norwegians switched from fags to snus after the smoking ban, though. I believe that's a lot better for public health, even if I don't have any stats to back that up yet.

Besides - we're richer than you

Wrong mate, i work mostly in Norway and bring the good money home to Denmark where it's cheaper :-)

Rocafella you can die of many things.. too much drinking, too much eating.. and the list goes on and on

Peuple who drink and eat too much, don't look too smart either :-)

Rocafella you can die of many things.. too much drinking, too much eating.. and the list goes on and on

Peuple who drink and eat too much, don't look too smart either Smile

Just about the answer I was expecting, an answer that has got nothing to do with this interesting topic.

To die from drinking you have to be an alcoholic and to die from eating you have to be sick, obese and all that.

To die from smoking, well, every 5th American or so die from smoking.... need I say more? It's just so unintelligent

to smoke it's unreal....

And my aunt died at 49 last year because of cancer after smoking, and my mum's best friend has smoked all her life and just got breast cancer due to it. I know they were "tricked" back in the day, that it wasn't dangerous to smoke and all that, but to start smoking in 2009..... well, it's not very clever.

Besides - we're richer than you

Wrong mate, i work mostly in Norway and bring the good money home to Denmark where it's cheaper :-)

Ouch, own goal ;) That's why I can say Norwegians are richer, in that we make more money, than Danes. Danes can take their money to Poland and live like kings - doesn't make Poles richer than Danes.

And, going off topic, we're better than you at ice hockey too :twisted:

Just about the answer I was expecting, an answer that has got nothing to do with this interesting topic.

To die from drinking you have to be an alcoholic and to die from eating you have to be sick, obese and all that

Ok here is your reason.. I smoke because i don't want to be too old.. I have seen how they treat the old people here in year 2009, and don't expect it will be better when I'm old.. so therefore do I smoke :-)

usualy on average 2/3 a ay but had 6 yesterday following the Villa, they will kill me this season !!

When villa Plays is the time i smoke most yes.. and always most in the last 15 min of the game

I get on better with smokers only because they tend to (in my experience) have a bit more of a carefree attitude towards life, which I find quite appealing.
That is one of the most staggering things I have ever read on VT.

Going slightly back on topic, in a very elegant way may I add, for Norwegian and Swedish hockey players snus is almost mandatory equipment. Some of the veterans even play with one under their lip. Can't be that bad for you then can it ;)

To die from smoking, well, every 5th American or so die from smoking

Do they? Or do they die from smoking-related diseases?

usualy on average 2/3 a ay but had 6 yesterday following the Villa, they will kill me this season !!

I never understand people smoking a couple of cigarettes a day. I wonder why you bother, Ian. :D

Either smoke properly or give it up. :winkold:

Â