The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

I read in marca there was a huge row between Ramos and Mourinho. And Ramos wore Ozils number 10 shirt under his own as a mark of respect and support to Ozil who was dropped. Real Madrid are currently in a mess.

Oh and Mourinho is getting too confident.

Doesnt that just make Ramos look like a dick?

problem at Real is their is allegedly a power struggle in which the Spaniards of Casillas(mainly), Ramos and Alonso are at war and this has been going on for a few years but was accepted when club was doing slightly better. happened from the 5-0 Clasico when Mourinho allegedly didnt want to see the Spanish players laughing and joking with the likes of Puyol, Xavi etc.

they were also upset by Mourinho backing Ronaldo publicly ahead of Casillas for Ballon D'Or and also that Mourinho has a clique in the dressing room of Portuguese speakers.

This is first time he has struggled in his 10 years in management in what is arguably by far the biggest club anybody can manage

problem at Real is their is allegedly a power struggle in which the Spaniards of Casillas(mainly), Ramos and Alonso are at war and this has been going on for a few years but was accepted when club was doing slightly better. happened from the 5-0 Clasico when Mourinho allegedly didnt want to see the Spanish players laughing and joking with the likes of Puyol, Xavi etc.

they were also upset by Mourinho backing Ronaldo publicly ahead of Casillas for Ballon D'Or and also that Mourinho has a clique in the dressing room of Portuguese speakers.

This is first time he has struggled in his 10 years in management in what is arguably by far the biggest club anybody can manage

How many managers have real got through in the last 10 years? I can think of Luxemburgo, pellegrino, quiroz, ramos, are there more?

• 2 weeks later...

Tito's back on the bench for the derby tonight, which is excellent news.

Málaga didn't make a good start to the year yesterday, losing 1-0 away to Deportivo. Llorente came off the bench for Bilbao but they lost 3-1 at Levante, after Aduriz put them one up after seven minutes.

And the Real Madrid circus starts up again for the new year!

Mourinho again opts to start Adán over Casillas. Benzema puts Real 1-0 up after two minutes. Four minutes later, Adán conceeds a penalty (which is converted) and gets sent off. Casillas now in goal.

Yup, they'd already thrashed Espanyol after 29 minutes. Playing at a slower pace now but obviously will still be a threat. It'd be great to see Pedro get a hat-trick after the goal drought he's had recently, which wasn't indicative of how well he'd actually been playing.

I've said it already this season too, but Barça look so much more comfortable with Puyol and Piqué at the back. They don't have so much to do a lot of the time, but although I wouldn't go as far as to say that they're underrated, I think their importance often goes unnoticed when the focus is on Barça's unbelievable attacking play.

I'm still trying to figure out why anybody who lives in Barcelona would support Espanyol. I'm sure there are some geographical reasons, people who live in areas of the city near where Espanyol play, but politically doesn't their very existence represent the importance of Madrid and the crown over Barcelona? Am I just reading too much into that? Perhaps they are for a united Spain or something.

An irony of course being that Espanyol was founded by Catalans (with a couple of Basques and an Andalusian thrown in) while Barca wasn't...

(of course Espanyol isn't a Barcelona club any more, now that their new ground is open)

Â