The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

I'm sick of Manure winning everything so I hope they appoint a dud and it goes spectacularly wrong when Fergie retires.

The thought of Jose spending a bunch of money on the worlds best players and winning the lot with Citeh isn't too appealing either.

I'd like to see him take a challenge but he doesn't strike me as a man to risk his reputation when he could walk into any club and get a pile of money.

He does strike me as a manager who could go to a club and get them winning something when they wouldn't necessarily be expected to.

Not saying he could win the league with Villa or anything mental like that.

But if he took over somewhere like Spurs, as much as I'd HATE to see it, I could see him taking them places.

Similarly Liverpool. Not that I think he'd go there.

he'd need money, but I think he's capable of lifting a team to that next level.

Taggart already lining up his successor (possibly), "I'm not going to put any forecasts on what is going to happen at this club. I won't last forever, but Jose can manage anywhere, there is no question about that."

And Mourinho has responded by saying that taking over at United wouldn't be a possibility for another 10 years, as he feels Ferguson can stay for that long and is still getting better.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes. If he and Roman are willing to build bridges, then Chelsea is certainly a possibility. They have the opportunity to get him at the end of the season, and he's still got the club in his heart. At the same time, the City job would be very difficult for him to turn down if that became available, and I think he'd like the opportunity to win their first Champions League rather than trying to follow on from Di Matteo's recent success at Chelsea.

A lot of people are saying he wouldn't want to go to the French league, and I'd be inclined to agree; however, it wouldn't surprise me to see him spend a season or so there in order to add another different league title to his record. If he wants the Manchester United job above all else, it'd also be somewhere interesting to go in the meantime. He'd earn a fuckload of money in the process and they'd also be an outside bet for the Champions League.

Vallodolid took an early lead against Real but they have equalised so it's 1-1 after 15 minutes there.

Málaga thumped Granada 4-0 earlier too, which sees them move into fourth. Betis could re-take that spot tomorrow should they get anything out of the game against Barça, who have Messi back, thankfully, after his injury in midweek.

• 2 weeks later...
Â