The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Also he hasn't won anything yet so there's no way anyone can say he's doing a better job than Pep.

he has took over a successful team which is a tough job (look at Liverpool and probably United when Fergie leaves)and has them playing better football and have practically won the league already

he has took over a successful team which is a tough job (look at Liverpool and probably United when Fergie leaves)and has them playing better football and have practically won the league already

Until he has won at least as much as Guardiola in at least the same time frame there's no way anyone can say he is doing a better job IMO.

Also how many Clasico's has Tito had vs Guardiola? No comparison.

well the nastiness of the 4 years had 1 consistent factor. well when Mourinho gouged his eye was awful but if i recall the brawl started because of the reaction of the Barcelona bench.

for me he is not the great philosopher he is made out, 1 of the most pathetic experience ive watched was one game when everytime Ronaldo did something wrong 7 or 8 Barcelona players surrounded him and referee looking for a card, surely this must come from the manager

its pretty simple. El Clasico was always a feisty competitive match but since 2008 it has took a nasty edge and since he has left the 3 el Clasicos have went off peacefully

They weren't that bad before Mourinho came in and also you say 1 consistent factor, i'd argue the one consistent factor is that Barcelona always got the right results.

In fact, through Guardiola's reign, Barcelona had two poor results vs Real Madrid. Lost in the cup final, 0-1 and lost 1-2 in the league. Both were lost in grace without the game kicking off. It's a little different it wasn't going the way of Madrid and Mourinho though.

well the nastiness of the 4 years had 1 consistent factor. well when Mourinho gouged his eye was awful but if i recall the brawl started because of the reaction of the Barcelona bench.

for me he is not the great philosopher he is made out, 1 of the most pathetic experience ive watched was one game when everytime Ronaldo did something wrong 7 or 8 Barcelona players surrounded him and referee looking for a card, surely this must come from the manager

Actually started because of the most pointless challenge from behind on Fabregas, a new signing at that point.

and while the Barcelona bench reacted strongly (fairly enough given the tackle), the man trying to stop the bench from crowding/going on pitch was Guardiola;

Only have to look at that video and Mourinho's smugness at the end after he gauhed Tito's eye to know he was happy with what was happening.

• Like 1

Mourinho's clever in what he does. He plays the pantomime villain to deflect attention away from his side. He can handle it, both because of his immense personality and excellent ability as a manager. I can see why he's so popular: he's a great figure to have in the game. However, to suggest that Guardiola had a large part to play in the escalating conflict between the two sides, and indeed the two benches, during his reign is frankly ridiculous, particularly when you seem unable to admit that Mourinho's attitudes and actions were a huge cause of the tension - I'd say the primary cause.

AVFC_POB makes great points about Guardiola's grace in defeat. He's not perfect, but has a hell of a lot more class than José.

For me Mourinho is the best manager in the world, that said during earlier clasico's he went about it wrong and did some daft things but recently he seems to have calmed down.

But Pep/Barca are not perfect as Troglo points out, sprinklers etc also I can never see myself liking Busquets for me he is there with Suarez in terms of a cheat, good player but he doesn't need to do any of that.

Anyway Piti's free kick yesterday deserves a mention here :

http://www.101greatg...piti-v-levante/

Not the best quality mind but was watching the game yesterday and Rayo were very impressive.

Excellent free kick, that.

I can totally understand why people loathe Busquets. I follow Barça and I love him because he's such a brilliant player, but I can see why he has such a reputation. That said, I do think he's matured in the last year or two, but his antics still come into play at times. However, these days I think he only goes down when he has actually been fouled (but yes, will make a meal of it nine times out of ten) and rarely causes trouble at other times. Excellent player though, and so important to Barcelona and Spain.

Bastard Sky not showing the first 15 minutes of the Barça game again. Being able to watch them every week is the main reason I pay the ridiculous price that I do for a subscription. Pisses me off when they then don't show some of the games for no apparent reason.

Â