The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Tell you what, Piqué has been excellent since returning from injury, too. Barça's defence looks so much more solid with him in there, and he's also been really good when he goes forward.

People were discussing Sergio Busquets in another thread recently. Whatever you think of him, the man is a maestro. He's 24 years old, and has only been playing first-team football for just over four years, yet he's played a massive role in the middle of the park for his club and national side since then, winning: three La Liga titles, two Copa Del Rey trophies, two Spanish Super Cups, two Champions Leagues, two UEFA Super Cups, two Club World Cups, one European Championship, and a World Cup. It's absolutely astonishing, when you think about it.

They're appealing the ban, although I can't see them getting anywhere as I think UEFA will want to make a point. Still, I'm not sure it's so certain that they'll lose to Porto - they've been good so far this season. Admittedly their Champions League group wasn't the strongest, but they still came out on top convincingly. The games against Porto should be interesting.

Casillas on the bench for Real tonight. Probably just a slight injury or something, but you never know what's going on with Mourinho!

I read in marca there was a huge row between Ramos and Mourinho. And Ramos wore Ozils number 10 shirt under his own as a mark of respect and support to Ozil who was dropped. Real Madrid are currently in a mess.

Oh and Mourinho is getting too confident.

Â