General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. moose: I think that anything that will take football to the farthest reaches is a good thing...so globalization is a good thing. At the end of the day, we recognize that someone from Thailand or from South Korea may never attend a Villa game but....if we can make them Fans, they can be disciples to those who may, one day, make it. In the meantime, selling merchandise is critical and I will accept a baht from someone in Thailand as well as from someone in Chester.

2. The Window...Tamveer1968 and others: I thought we had a good window. I thought that MON did exactly what he needed to do. He identified what he felt were critical shortfalls, he identified the players he felt could best address those shortfalls and fit into our style of play, he made sure they were available and then he went and got them. Where is the problem? I confess that I do not have the angst that some have over the move of Barry. You look at him over the lifetime he was at Villa...I look at the last 3 years...a couple of which he was obviously intent on moving on. He is a fine player but he is not irreplacable and I believe that we have done what is needed to solve that problem. Laursen was immense and I am not sure that there are many out there in the market, available, who could fill his shoes. MON knows who was out there and available...he rated all of them and made his decision. I think we have done a solid job of building the backline. All during this window and others I get the same questions about MON and his ability to sort out talent...about Randy and the Board's willingness to back the Manager, etc. etc. At the end of the day, I firmly believe that these questions have been answered. What we need now is Fans in their seats, cheering on our Club. There are plenty of reasons why folks come to the games...and why they don't. I think we basically can all suss out those reasons. NOW is the time to come to the games and give the Lads a boost.

3. Dunne and the OS: It is NOT the OS fault re. Dunne. There was an issue that had to be resolved and we could not put out word until that issue was resolved.

Hi General,

Just wanted to thank Randy for backing the manager once again. Last summer we were top spenders in the Premiership. This summer we were second highest, but we were never going to be highest with Man City splashing the cash. We've got a strong squad with genuine competition for places for the first time in far too long. Yes the first team is weaker having lost Barry and Laursen, but I think the squad as a whole is stronger.

Are you any closer to your Villa Park return, or still struggling a bit?

General,

Thanks to Randy for splashing the cash again in this window, and to MON for all his undoubted hard work over the last six weeks to get players in.

I personally think the squad is looking pretty damn strong now. Here's a to a successful rollercoaster ride of a season.

All the best,

DV.

General Krulak here:

3. Dunne and the OS: It is NOT the OS fault re. Dunne. There was an issue that had to be resolved and we could not put out word until that issue was resolved.

Well that is fair enough. However that only answered a tiny fraction of the questions I asked about the OS General. Is there any chance of some answers to the rest of the questions I asked such as why the site was unable to bring us reaction to the game in Vienna for instance.

General.

I would just like to echo what Paddy and dundeevilla have just said.

The squad is looking good along with the work that has been completed on the ground during the summer and also the kits, I think they are the best we have had in a long while.

Thanks again.

General,

Just a bit of feedback about the Stadium Tours. Some good, Some not so good.

To start with, I tried to order online but could not get some information. I wished to know whether

it was pushchair friendly or if not was there a place we could leave it, an how I could go about purchasing

a family ticket online. Unable to find these answers online, i mailed the given email address (ticketsales@avfc.co.uk) on the 23rd of August with these questions, specifically about the tour on the 27th

as wanted to take family around (as we have moved due to job) and take boy to his first game that night.

I finally received an answer on the 28th August, 5 days after my mail and a day after the tour (of which

i stated the date in the subject), to me this is not very good communications and potential could lose ticket sales. I went ahead and booked the day before.

On a plus side, the Tour was absolutely fantastic and extremely good value for money. Over 2 hours long with an enthusiastic tour host who was very helpful and knowledgable, my Boy and Wife left virtually gobsmacked at the stadium and the club in itselfs (their only previous experience was fratton park and the Nou Camp). What the club is striving to achieve is clearly visable around the stadium, and i was proud to call myself a villa fan.

Just to make a question of it, what is the lead time laid down for replying to emails?

Thank you, UTV

General,

Randy has backed MON every season, everyone can see that. Its just that sometimes the signing appear 'safe' and not ambitious. You won't see many lads running to get Collins printed on a shirt.Im sure he will do a decent job for the clb but sometimes a major signing is needed to show the ambition of the club. A CM of a high calibre would have been ideal with maybe Osbourne leaving and without a doubt Villa park would have been packed to see such a talent.

But hey ho lets hope for a good season :)

General

I have voiced my frustration previously in this thread about our start to the season and, at the time, my perception that we had not made the necessary strides required in the transfer window.

I just wanted to say that on reflection and now that the window has shut I was wrong or indeed over reacting. MON has done a good solid job of building/replenishing the team and events have changed on the pitch.

It just goes to show - emotion runs high in football and at times we are all guilty of over reacting, as it appears I did.

So, please pass on to MON my gratitude and best wishes for the big one, bring on the Blues!!

Thanks for your ongoing insight, up the Villa!!!

Dave

General,

Please pass on my thanks to Randy, the board and MON for the trasfer window. I think we have made some astute signings strengthening areas that we have been weak in for some time.

I always know that Randy will put his money where his mouth his and that you have a plan, we never despair under your reign at Villa and forever may it continue!

Up the Villa!

Hello General!

My first contribution to this thread (I think)

I would just like to say thank you, to you, to Randy and the board for once again backing MON in the transfer window. IMO we have had a great window with great players signed.

We have strengthen were we needed it most, at the back. Dunne, Collins and Warnock super signings!

Once again, thank you!

We are looking good!!

general,

could you pass on my best wishes to dunny please. ive been saying for the entire summer that the team who signed him would get the bargain of the season and i stand by it. i know some people on here dont rate him, but he is going to be an absolute legend for us once he settles in. yes he'll score some ogs from being the only defender in the position to throw himself at a cross, and yes he'll get sent off a few times from being the only defender in the position to get a tackle in, but hes everything we needed, and will soon be villa captain imo.

good to have a paddy in the first team once again

General,

Whilst Barry may not be irreplaceable there are very few of his ilk in the Premiership, if any, as good as him. I think this is born out by the fact that he has become an integral part of England's midfield in the last couple of seasons.

So, is he irreplaceable? Well it's a moot point.

Have we replaced him? Definitely not.

I think it's the latter question that most fans are more concerned about.

General,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are free tickets going to be given out for the Cardiff home League Cup tie to supporters who attended the home Rapid Vienna game?

Also, is there any truth that Cardiff will only be given an allocation of 1,400 to reduce the risk of crowd trouble?

Cheers

General Krulak here:

1. Paddy: Unfortunately, the doctors still have me on a "red card"...they feel I am not well enough to travel. I came off my last dose of antibiotics about a week ago and we are seeing what happens. Last time, I had a relapse. This is a very nasty bacterial infection and tough to kill. Believe me, I want to be there.

2. Tony Daley: Thank you for the very good feedback on the tour. I will see what I can do to sort out the issue you raised.

3. VillaNI: I am sure that MON wishes it was a easy as you seem to think it is to go out and get this great signing. Just is NOT as easy or as practical as you think. It just isn't!! The Club must be willing to sell this "world class" CB, the CB must be willing to come, the agent must be effective in helping make all of this happen, the money needs to be right, the player needs to be of the type to fit into the Squad, etc. etc. etc. You make it seem so easy...well, it isn't. If you don't like the transfer window, so be it.

4. Dave1380: Thank you for your post. You, and several others are the few who have stepped up and apologized for your frustration and thoughts and comments. Good on you. I always recognized the frustration...and said so. At the same time, I said we need to trust MON and that Randy would support him.

5. quizme: Welcome to the thread and thank you for your post.

6. chips'ngravy: Simply put, I disagree with you. "There are very few of his ilk in the Premiership, if any, as good as him" You cannot be serious about that can you??? None as good as Barry?? Let's just agree to disagree and get off the subject. Gareth did a fine job for Villa over the years. He wanted to go...for two years. He's gone.

General firstly all best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Can I just say as a fan who travels with the official NW Villains supporters club coaches to Home games, what a great idea it is to have a proper car park designated for the club coaches adjacent to the Transport Museum on Witton Lane. I know there's construction works going on currently but I attended Wigan game and this is such a help because it means we get away much quicker from the games and we have a long way to travel.

Also what a nice gesture from the club to the supporters regarding those who attended the Rapid Vienna game.

Like someone else this is very much appreciated.