General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General Krulak here:

1. Goldenballs: I would say that you are not being fair to me. First and foremost I stated, unequivocally, that I was commenting as a Fan. I was giving a personal opinion based on a statement made by another Fan. To now tell me that I should not have said something because of "my position" is, in my opinion, totally off the mark. If your post is taken to the logical exteme, then I am afraid I would have to leave this thread because many of the questions I answer, I do as a Fan and NOT a Director. The quote I was referring to said that Barry was "head and shoulders" better than anyone else on the Team. I disagreed. I gave my reasons. I mentioned a player who I felt was better than Barry. I was NOT being disrespectful! My point was simply that I did not see him as "head and shoulders" above other players. If you disagree with me...that is fine. BUT, I think it is patently unfair to box me into a corner as you have suggested. If your feelings are the feelings of the Moderator and other Fans, then I am certainly not making good use of what little time I have during the day.

2. 3 wins in a week. A win against Fulham at home...a game we should win. I repeat, one game at a time. We need to win them one at a time. We also need our Fans to help spur the lads on.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, you seemed to have missed my question. Ive quoted it below for convience :)

general, are the club still i contact with Martin Laursen. If so i would like to ask if he could be thanked on behalf of the holte end today for waving/jeering the crowd on as we chanted his name.

Great win today btw, good goal by Gabby!

General,

about yesterdays game :( ......me and mrs imavillan are season ticket holders in the trinity road upper.........and the good lady mrs imavillan went to the ladies to ''powder her nose'' ...............and as any good lady (or bloke) does washes her hands afterwards ;-).....but....only to find that the water is so hot she cannot keep her hands there because they will be scalded........... the water is too hot......now its bad enough to have to watch what we did on saturday ......but to have to put up with the good lady complaining about the hot water as well.....double whammy.....general this is a health and safety issue....you have the power....please sort it out........

General Krulak here:

3. imavillan: Please apologize to your wife for me. I will attempt to sort this out this week. Please give me feed back after the next game to see if it got sorted.

General, some feedback.

There are now signs warning people that the water is hot, but it is still very very hot and you cant keep your hands under there too long becuase of this. At least this is an improvement warning people but the temperature needs to be lowered a little.

Hope you dont mind me answering about the hot water and it will save the general some foot work

Unfortunately the club will be put in a position where hot water taps are recommended to be set at this level to prevent bacteria growing, you may say that not all places have their water this hot but if they are then they have had a legionella assessment carried out or been advised to.

hi general ,

i'd just like to too say my little bit and give my full support to everyone at the club .

sometimes when you read some of the post on here you can forget just how good last two seasons have been

as in most cases the people that are most vocal are the most negative but also in the minority

internet message boards seem to be the breeding ground for this type of negativitity

hopefully you can see past the minority and know that the silent majority are fully behind the team and management

i feel i need to write this because it worries me there has been a couple of stories in the press about the fans being on

MON's back after the wigan game and some of threads on here just add to the negativity.

i know there will always be critics, especially after we loose thats the nature of football

But i for 1 and every other fan i speak too face to face know that randy and MON are the best chairman and manager that villa have had for more years than i care to remember

UP THE VILLA !!!!!!!

keep up the good work and don't let any one tell you any different

General his thoughts certainly don't speak for all of us, if you can't give your honest opinion on matters at times then you would just end up rolling out tired cliches and that would be a waste of your time and our time. Please don't stop telling us how you feel because of one person.

Hi General,

Good, solid and professional performance today and 3 wins in 6 days hsould keep the doom merchants quiet for a bit!

The reason for my post is that I sat in the North Stand Lower near the Rapid fans on Thursday night, and was a couple of inches away from being blinded by a coin that was thrown in our direction as we left the ground via the exit in the corner. Can I ask if there is anything that can be done to identify the Austrian fan who threw this coin via CCTV? The club went to great lengths to find the guy who threw a coin at Redknapp last year and in my opinion this is just as bad - I was very lucky not to have been hit.

I was impressed with their fans and I was thinking how brilliant their support had been until it flew past my eye and dented one of the seats behind me. This idiot should be hunted down just as much as any other coin thrower, whether it 'hit the target' or not. Bear in mind they should have been celebrating. Needle in a haystack I know but can anything be done?

Thanks for your time.

General, you seem to have missed my post. To be honest, I don't blame you but if there's anything we can do - let's get the bastard banned!

General Krulak here:

1. Goldenballs: I would say that you are not being fair to me. First and foremost I stated, unequivocally, that I was commenting as a Fan. I was giving a personal opinion based on a statement made by another Fan. To now tell me that I should not have said something because of "my position" is, in my opinion, totally off the mark. If your post is taken to the logical exteme, then I am afraid I would have to leave this thread because many of the questions I answer, I do as a Fan and NOT a Director. The quote I was referring to said that Barry was "head and shoulders" better than anyone else on the Team. I disagreed. I gave my reasons. I mentioned a player who I felt was better than Barry. I was NOT being disrespectful! My point was simply that I did not see him as "head and shoulders" above other players. If you disagree with me...that is fine. BUT, I think it is patently unfair to box me into a corner as you have suggested. If your feelings are the feelings of the Moderator and other Fans, then I am certainly not making good use of what little time I have during the day.

I know you were commenting purely as a fan, and that's fine, but other comments you have made before as a fan have been taken out of context by certain people (lipstick on a pig, etc) which is why I think it's important to be very careful when making comments about players, especially players who play for other teams, which I'm sure you already know. It would be quite easy for someone to take your comments about Barry in a way that you didn't intend, which wouldn't really be your fault, but wouldn't reflect too well on Aston Villa.

The majority of the questions you answer here as a fan aren't to do with individual players ability, especially not in a negative way. I'm certainly not asking you to stop giving your opinion though, I was just giving you my opinions.

Also, I appreciate that you take the time to answer questions and respond to posts here (even annoying one's like mine), and we're lucky to have a direct link to the club so I certainly don't want to upset you make you leave the site. I don't claim to speak for the mods, or anyone else. I don't post here very much, but I read this thread and it's very useful.

Anyway, the bulk of my post was disagreeing with your assessment of Barry's ability as a fan to another fan.

General Krulak here:

1. Hot water: I have notified folks at the Club re. this issue. Another poster had it correct....we need to keep water at a certain temperature for health and safety reasons BUT, I am still seeing if we can get it to the minimum level that is acceptable.

2. Goldenballs: You make a good point. At the same time, if I start censuring myself, I am afraid none of us will benefit. I am just going to have to trust that the media knows what I mean when I say I am speaking as a Fan. Good luck?????

hi general i hope the doom and gloom merchants havent stressed you out on here recently. I'll admit to be worried we looked like we could be going backwards, but after another summer of decent investment and despite the unavoidable losses of our 2 most important players, Im happy to see we are still moving in the right direction. It was a 5 year plan announced when Randy joined, and after all the good work done so far ill avoid making any judgements on progress and proespects till we are 5 years on. We are still doing nicely though methinks long term.

My question though is this, have you been surprised at the recent takeovers and influx of new owners with serious cash behind them? Has if forced Randy to change his long term strategy for Aston Villa?

General, i know this has been mentioned plenty of times but it is getting frustrating now. I know the people serving at the kiosks are on minimum wage but can we please at least make them earn that?

They have 15 minutes to serve 1000's of people yet there is no urgency, on Sunday for a rare change i ventured downstairs from the upper holte and found no queue, there was a guy standing there doing nothing so i ssumed he was just some sort of runner so i waited for a young girl to finish, after about 3 minutes he looked at me and asked what i wanted! i was gobsmacked as he was just standing there day dreaming.

When you go into mcdonalds when busy you will often see a supervisor geeing on the staff clapping hands getting some urgency into them, may i suggest our supervisors do the same? I think new supervisors or trainning for current staff would be worth the money as looking at the current productivity you could cover the cost with the extra business.

General, i know this has been mentioned plenty of times but it is getting frustrating now. I know the people serving at the kiosks are on minimum wage but can we please at least make them earn that?

They have 15 minutes to serve 1000's of people yet there is no urgency, on Sunday for a rare change i ventured downstairs from the upper holte and found no queue, there was a guy standing there doing nothing so i ssumed he was just some sort of runner so i waited for a young girl to finish, after about 3 minutes he looked at me and asked what i wanted! i was gobsmacked as he was just standing there day dreaming.

When you go into mcdonalds when busy you will often see a supervisor geeing on the staff clapping hands getting some urgency into them, may i suggest our supervisors do the same? I think new supervisors or trainning for current staff would be worth the money as looking at the current productivity you could cover the cost with the extra business.

I don't want to answer the for general but thought I would say that I used to work at VP in those kiosks and it is hard work, the staff have to do a lot of prep before the game and are there 3 hours before kick off, the wage is pretty poor and it used to be (might not be anymore) paid per match you work and works out at being a pretty poor wage. However the majority of staff there are from agencies and will be different people every week and this means that they do not know the job and what to do. I agree sometimes the service is slow but as I have worked there I know how hard it can be and how bad the people at the games can treat you.

However I think it would be beneficial for the club to employ more permanent staff and less agency staff, maybe appeal to kids at school who need to earn some money like me and 6 of my friends did when we worked there as opposed to taking the easy option and employing agency staff who can find it hard to quickly pick up the job needed.

I don't want to answer the for general but thought I would say that I used to work at VP in those kiosks and it is hard work, the staff have to do a lot of prep before the game and are there 3 hours before kick off, the wage is pretty poor and it used to be (might not be anymore) paid per match you work and works out at being a pretty poor wage. However the majority of staff there are from agencies and will be different people every week and this means that they do not know the job and what to do. I agree sometimes the service is slow but as I have worked there I know how hard it can be and how bad the people at the games can treat you.

However I think it would be beneficial for the club to employ more permanent staff and less agency staff, maybe appeal to kids at school who need to earn some money like me and 6 of my friends did when we worked there as opposed to taking the easy option and employing agency staff who can find it hard to quickly pick up the job needed.

Thanks for the insight and although you make some good points my argument still stands in that for those 15 minutes there should be some urgency.

Hi General.

Just thought I'd let you know that Nicola and Sheila in the ticket office did another good job in sorting me out on Thursday. Even though we went out, getting to Villa Park was a highlight of what was a pretty miserable week due to being on chemo all week. So thanks again.

General Krulak here"

1. carlitobriganti: I would not be telling the truth if I said that the influx of owners with billions to spend was not on my mind. Simply put, some of the new owners are extremely wealthy and that is obvious by the amount of money being paid for players...not just in the UK but in Europe as well. It is a fact of life and one that we need to live with. I have a sense that the ownership may become fleeting as the excitement of ownership wears off...this will be even more true if success does not follow the expenditure of money. But, at the end of the day, it is what it is.

2. Service: I can assure everyone that we do our very best to monitor and educate the staff working the kiosks around the stadium. It is hard work, demanding, and time-consuming. We do not get the same folks every game so it is a constant re-education process. I know it sounds like we just need to put these folks on the payroll...make them permanent but the cost of doing so is prohibitive. We will be increasing the supervision and hopefully that will make a difference.

General Krulak here"

1. carlitobriganti: I would not be telling the truth if I said that the influx of owners with billions to spend was not on my mind. Simply put, some of the new owners are extremely wealthy and that is obvious by the amount of money being paid for players...not just in the UK but in Europe as well. It is a fact of life and one that we need to live with. I have a sense that the ownership may become fleeting as the excitement of ownership wears off...this will be even more true if success does not follow the expenditure of money. But, at the end of the day, it is what it is.

2. Service: I can assure everyone that we do our very best to monitor and educate the staff working the kiosks around the stadium. It is hard work, demanding, and time-consuming. We do not get the same folks every game so it is a constant re-education process. I know it sounds like we just need to put these folks on the payroll...make them permanent but the cost of doing so is prohibitive. We will be increasing the supervision and hopefully that will make a difference.

General

Do you put Randy in this category? Is he getting frustrated with things?