General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General

Apologies if this has been asked & answered before.

Are there any Cash points at Villa Park, was gasping for a drink the other night when I realised I had no cash on me. I know there isn't one by L6 in lower holte. If so, maybe a decent idea?

Thanks

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

Im only 19, only experianced 2 villa chairmens, and not been old enough to remember any cup wins, but my regards to you and Randy for restoring pride after the grim Ellis/O'Leary years.

We all like to have a moan, i moan alot, perhaps too much about some stuff) the selction of Heskey) , but il never forget the pride i now have wearing my Villa shirt around to replace the pure humilation i had the day after we lost to donny 3-0 in the cup when i turned up to footie training in my Villa shirt, then i was keen to show i surport Villa despite some embarresment, now i am proud and thanks goes to the current management :)

General, another complaint about the beer in the Holte End (I dont go up there these days but my mate does)

Not only have they got rid of ALL the beers apart from lager, but against Man City even the lager was off - meaning people had to buy overpriced cider/lager in bottles or go without.

Personally I now go without as we are being ripped off good and proper. Its a shame as most other areas are excellent. Might be an idea if this was looked into.

Ta

General (or others if you are ITK!),

I am flying in from the USA for the Burnley and Liverpool games, Ive tried to email Nicky Keye, and also Katrina Admason who was so helpful the last time i flew across for a game. I know they must be busy, i just like to get my ducks in a row!

What is the best way for a overseas traveller to get tickets for these games, i realise i may just be able to walk up and buy for the Burnley game, but coming all that way on the 'off chance' doesnt sit well with me!

I do have family members in Brum, but wanted to get some of these family tickets as a surprise/gift.

Pm me if you need my details to pass on to those who could help.

Cheers

Dom

General, just a quick compliment regarding the ticket office this morning.

Im a season ticket holder, with only 1 away to my name. I was looking forward to the chance of getting a wolves ticket today as they went on sale to season ticket holders. My mom rang up (as im still at 6th form) at 9am when they opened to try and ensure i got one. She was told i needed 3 AWAYS on my season ticket - this was INCORRECT information. We left it ten minutes to ring back, and they had sold out but was told i could of had one if they had any left.

Can you please try and get the staff or whoever does the bloody telephone lines to sort it out! They have lost me the chance of gaining my second away as my last season ticket holder year (due to uni next year). I hope this information and compliment gets passed to the right people.

James

(sparey16)

General, another complaint about the beer in the Holte End (I dont go up there these days but my mate does)

Not only have they got rid of ALL the beers apart from lager, but against Man City even the lager was off - meaning people had to buy overpriced cider/lager in bottles or go without.

Personally I now go without as we are being ripped off good and proper. Its a shame as most other areas are excellent. Might be an idea if this was looked into.

Ta

Seconded. Oh and I work in a brewery and I'm qualified to say the beer was below par. But then Carlsberg is a pretty poor choice imho.

Carling is much better.

General Krulak here:

1. I know, I have been gone way too long!! I am slowly but surely making progress...am eating tin foil for breakfast now (normally eat nails) so you can see I am getting better. The doctor continues to say that I am not ready for overseas travel but I am getting there.

I am ready to get back to answering your questions and taking your suggestions. I would ask that the moderator look back and pick out the key questions and comments that I need to answer or work on and post them on this thread. I will take them and answer back as usual. I have been in close contact with the Club during my illness and have talked to Randy almost daily. I feel I am still up to date.

I have missed the Villa Talk "Family" and certainly have missed the Villa!!!!

Hi general,

First comment to you but this made me pretty happy...

I'm in my third year of uni doing an economics degree and one of our modules this year relates the finances of the football world to multi-national companies. Our lecturer had a list of all the overseas owners of the Prmier League, and as he went through each of them he came up with faults. Then he got to Randy...and said how he was the best foreign owner in our game. Enough said.

Keep up the good work (because clearly Randy doesn't do it all on his own!)

Andy

Little8Rioch asked;

General

Glad to see you back in circulation and hopefully you will soon be with us at Villa Park.

I have supported the club since 1963, when my Dad first took me (beat Liverpoll 2-0) and been a season ticket holder since 1980. I don't think I have ever asked the club for anything but I need a little bit of help.

My brother in law (big Villa fan)is currently battling cancer and he has had a kidney removed and part of his liver. Now the "bloody useless NHS" have finally found the cause and he faces a third operation to remove some of his bowel.

I have decided that a good luck card signed by Martin and the boys will give him a bit of a lift but I don't know how to make it happen. I have tried in the past to get cards signed for people but it has never worked.

If I get a card, could you tell me who to send it to at Villa Park with the details. I don't really want him to know I have had anything to do with it. It will be more of a surprise if it just arrives in the post.

Hope you can help. I appreciate the club must get loads of requests like this and so if it isn't possible - don't worry. Thanks

DalaianDaley asked;

Hello General

Sorry if this has been asked again recently, but is the HOC report complete now?

I know we have pulled out of the Olympic bid as we could not guarantee the ground would be free from construction at the time, but does Randy already have an approximate date for construction in mind?

The reason I am asking is that currently with our low attendances we could probably pull the North Stand and not lose too much revenue through having a reduced capacity (except maybe some of the big games).

Also with a large number of unemployed in the surrounding area (especially in the construction industry) it would put a welcome boost back into the local economy, and with steel and concrete prices being so low (so im led to believe) could we not also save money on the construction by bringing things forward?

I understand that its not like putting up a garden shed where you can have it delivered by B&Q in 2 weeks, but it seems to make sense to start this as soon as possible.

Also, could you tell us if there is a date set for the unveiling of the plans for VP's upgrade?

Thanks & keep up the good work

Born not made asked;

Hi General, serious one this time ;)

Whilst at the last home game I approached the turnstiles to enter the Lower Holte (L2) with a couple of items of rubbish and was dismayed to find there were no litter bins in sight. I asked a steward nearby and he simply said there wern't any and that I should just put them on the floor. When I came out of the ground I noticed that quite a pile had formed where I had deposited my empty bottles.

Any chance of a couple of litter bins by the turnstiles?

Hope this message finds you in good health.

Timthevillan asked;

At present General, all transactions at the bars / serving hatches at VP are cash only.

Just a suggestion, it would be good to be able to pay at the tills by card, but can see that this could cause slowing down of the queue tremendously.

Also, it would be good to have a cahspoint or two in each stand - but this may be a security risk.

I was low on cash for the Cardiff game so had to spend very little before the game and at half time and it would have been great to have had one of these facilities in place.

I wonder if any other clubs have this problem and have created a solution to this ?

Just a few of my thoughts based on a small problem I encountered at this game.

Something for you to be proud of General from pablopicasso;

i had to wait outside the holte for half an hour on monday night, and i couldnt believe how many man city fans were taking pics, vids and commenting on how great the holte end, holte hotel, etc, looked...

This seems to be a common question, this time from Liono;

General

Apologies if this has been asked & answered before.

Are there any Cash points at Villa Park, was gasping for a drink the other night when I realised I had no cash on me. I know there isn't one by L6 in lower holte. If so, maybe a decent idea?

Thanks

Hi General,

Like many Villa fans, I'm keen to know what the plans are for Villa Park ?

It is quite apparent that the matchday atmosphere ( whilst being great) could be further enhanced by 'filling in ' the corners of the stadium - in either glass / translucent plastic ?

I think that this ( albeit short / medium term solution) would be a great enhancement to the atmosphere in VP.

Mods, I apologise for repeating the question in full but the article has been removed from the original page so the link is not working anymore

General

It is so good to have you back......i was getting worried about you.

I posted this question last week after seeing this in the Sunday Express.

General

I have just read this article (copied in full below) about Randy seeking additional funds for the club.

ASTON VILLA supremo Randy Lerner is seeking massive new investment in his club to ensure they can compete with the likes of Manchester City.

In recent days, the American tycoon – at the Villa helm since August 2006 – has held talks with several billionaire businessmen from the Far East about possible cash injections.

And that’s the clearest sign yet that Lerner, 47, who also owns NFL outfit Cleveland Browns, accepts his money alone is no longer enough to take Villa to the top of the English game.

Villa meet Man City tomorrow night in what should be a cracking clash. But off the pitch, Martin O’Neill’s men are struggling to keep pace with the country’s richest club.

When buying Villa for £64.5million, Lerner became the wealthiest football chief in the top flight, apart from Chelsea’s billionaire boss Roman Abramovich and the Glazer family at Manchester United.

But the financial goalposts in the Premier League have moved dramatically since then, amid the economic recession and the arrival of City’s Arab owners.

Compared with the £1trillion fortune of the Abu Dhabi United Group, Lerner’s personal wealth of around £750m is small change. He no longer even makes the English game’s top-10 rich-list.

And this fact was highlighted during the last transfer window, when Villa spent a mere £25m, having splashed more than £100m over the previous two summers.

In contrast, City spent close to £200m – including £17m to secure Villa’s influential England star Gareth Barry.

Though Villa did manage to keep winger Ashley Young, who was on Mark Hughes’ shopping list as well as Real Madrid’s, Lerner reckons they may not succeed in doing so next time.

That’s why he has decided to act now and enlist the financial clout of other major powerbrokers around the globe to counter City’s rapid rise up the ladder.

And the first step on Lerner’s agenda is to transform Villa Park into a state-of-the-art stadium with a capacity of 55,000.

Villa withdrew their ground from the list of venues for the 2012 Olympics last Tuesday, citing ‘substantial’ redevelopment between now and then as the reason.

I notice there is not one quote in the article but that does not mean there is no truth in it.

Now i realise you cannot comment on specifics but can you confirm if there is any foundation to the article?

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. andy1989: First off, welcome to the thread...and for a "first time post", it was sure a nice one. I am passing it on to Randy!

2. little8rioch: First off, I am saddened to hear about your brother-in-law. Please contact Lee Preece at AVFC and tell him that I asked you to call. Let him know the situation and see if he can sort something for you. I am sure he will.

3.DalianDaley: The HOC work has been finished and we have been studying it and prioritizing their suggestions. You idea of starting early is a good one but...to take out a stand during the middle of the year would not make much sense financially. I hear what you say about attendence but cutting an entire stand would certainly have an impact. We would rather start major work immediately after the last game and get some of the major work done during the summer. Right now we are not at the point where we have made any decisions re. priority of work...and as soon as we have, we will let the fans know. Where any work impact the fans, we will ask fan input as to how to get the work done with the minimum of pain.

4. born not made: Rubbish...you have hit on one of the biggest problems we have on match day. Simply put, the rubbish build up begins early in the am with the prep of food, and other efforts that come strictly on game day. This rubbish continues to build up as the fans arrive...and reaches monumental proportions by end of match. We are VERY aware of the problem. We have purchased literally hundreds of additional bins over what we "inherited". We have folks walking the grounds and shifting bins to match the rubbish build up...it is almost like a military operation. The basic problem at the end is that we have no control over rubbish pickup so it is a constant battle that we have yet to win. PLEASE know that we realize it is a huge problem and we are trying to fix it.

5. tim the villa: We have been doing just as you suggest...we have been looking at best practices at other clubs to see if they would work at Villa Park. We will continue to do so...as well as look at how things are done at the Browns. Cash points are put in by the banks...and they need to feel that, economically, it makes sense to put them in.

6. imavillan: This article is simply the media blowing a meeting out of proportion. We are absolutely NOT looking for 3rd party entry into our Club. We are. like all Clubs, looking for sponsors and partners to help with revenue. This is nothing different than what we have been doing since we joined the Villa. The fact that the meeting was with folks from the Middle East probably stirred things up a bit. Simply put, it was overblown.