General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

General sorry for butting in but i can just comment on the above post: Barry is impossible to replace....at the moment. There is no one better than him in England in his position that realistically we can sign. We are 7th and if we win the next 3 games (West Ham, Bolton, Burnley) which we can all assume we would expect to get 9 points from...(at worst 7) we will be in top 4 going into December.We are doing just fine. Besides i thought Barry was very very poor against the Blues today. I wish people would stop banging on about him like he was the best player we'd ever had. Yes, great player, great servant - lets move on for gods sake

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the life of me I don't know why people are discussing tactics with a club director, I thought General C was here to discuss club matters, not team matters, he's not MON

General

A few weeks ago I posted about my brother in law who has cancer and I was trying to get a get well card signed by the players. you told me to contact Lee Preece at the club.

I sent the card in to Lee, who phoned me to say he had received it and was passing to John Greenfield who would deal with it. The card arrived on 24 october signed by all the players. The result - great excitement in my brother in laws' house as they looked at who had signed and for a time he had no idea how it had happened.

I could say a lot of things but I think "THANK YOU" will suffice.

General

A few weeks ago I posted about my brother in law who has cancer and I was trying to get a get well card signed by the players. you told me to contact Lee Preece at the club.

I sent the card in to Lee, who phoned me to say he had received it and was passing to John Greenfield who would deal with it. The card arrived on 24 october signed by all the players. The result - great excitement in my brother in laws' house as they looked at who had signed and for a time he had no idea how it had happened.

Awesome!

Brings a smile to my face, this is why we love Villa, General!

General

Awesome!

Brings a smile to my face, this is why we love Villa, General!

Sorry to clog the thread up but the General, Lee and John deserve great praise for that, we are so so grateful for what you are doing for our club General, keep it up!

General Krulak here:

1. I checked into the Tea/Coffee issue and the answer was pretty much as you might have expected. Statistics indicate that most people take the cream, etc. In order to avoid the time delay in providing all black and then having the condiments on the side, we go with the majority. Alison Plant has indicated that, if asked, most kiosks can provide the straight black...but need to be asked. The coffee will come from a pot that only holds black...and may not last the entire game.

General,

Thank you for the response and thank Alison Plant for me.

I will be asking for black coffee in the Trinity Upper at the Bolton game this week.

Onto something else that bothers me.....

The club has changed ''offiical bettting partners'' from Ladbrokes to 188Bet.

The problem i have with this is that if i place a cash bet with 188Bet and manage to get a winner , then the only way i can collect my winnings is to open an online account with them. Then they will pay my winnings into my account.

I used to have a bet at every game with Ladbrokes. If i had a winning bet with them i could collect real cash at any of there high street shops.

You see i bet with real cash and like to be paid with real cash.

I no longer have a bet at the games as i do not want to open an account with 188Bet. I wonder how many other people have been put off from having a wager by this system.

Next season, can we go back to using any of the leading high street bookmakers who can offer being paid out from any of there high street shops?

Agree with the betting thing. They used a different online one at wolves the other week as well, unfortunatley its looks like its becoming more common.

My hope is it will only last a couple of seasons. They will make money in unclaimed bets at first but then people will stop using them and the demand for a high street vendor will return.

Hi General,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Is there any plans to have a red poppy on the players shirts in the next couple of games with rememberance sunday round the corner?? I know a couple of teams have had them on their shirts last weekend.

Thanks a lot

UTV!!!!

The club has changed ''offiical bettting partners'' from Ladbrokes to 188Bet.

The problem i have with this is that if i place a cash bet with 188Bet and manage to get a winner , then the only way i can collect my winnings is to open an online account with them. Then they will pay my winnings into my account

Sorry to answer in place of the General, but this isn't the case in all instances. I won a few quid last month, but was unable to collect my winnings the same day as the match was played. I therefore just brought my payslip with me to the next match, and was giving my winnings in cash.

Granted the winnings were around £20, so unsure if this on-line credit is for bigger payments or not - but you can collect smaller payouts in cash.

General Krulak here:

1. We will be wearing a poppy on our kit. After the game, we will be auctioning off the game shirts and giving the proceeds to acorns.

2. You can get a cash payout for wagers...big payments or small. There is a cash payout window between the North Stand and the player car park.

hi general

ticketing arrangments have being announced for the carling cup game at portsmouth and as a supporter who travels to 95% of away games i was unable to travel to sunderland in the last round due to work commitments. now i have noticed i cant purchase a ticket to portsmouth until the supporters who travelled to sunderland have brought theirs. i find this appalling that missing one game could result in me missing the quarter finals. i totally disagree with offering tickets to non season ticket holders before season ticket holder for any fixture as you cant show anymore loyalty to a club than buying a season ticket before a ball has being kicked. im all for good will jestures with free travel to games but surely we should be offering priorty to the people to travel often first?

Hi General,

I would like to echo the points made in the above post. I have a season ticket and travel to most away games but I don't live in Birmingham and didn't attend the Sunderland game because as nice as the gesture of free travel was it was no use to me and I didn't fancy that drive.

Yet now I discover that those who took advantage of the free trip to Sunderland and who might not be regular visitors to VP or to away games will get tickets for Pompy ahead of me. I think this is a serious error of judgement on the part of the club.

Hi General,

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon with the two previous posters, but I've got a 27 game booking history from last season and this, including Lovech, Prague, Hamburg and Moscow, but couldn't make Sunderland due to unforseen domestic circumstances . I'm also a ST holder.

I think the club are making a big mistake if they let Sunderland travellers take priority for the Pompey game.

Hi General,

Hope your recovery is still going well and that you'll be back at VP soon.

I'm just wondering at what stage away tickets tend to sell out this season? The first one I've had the chance to go to this season is Burnley and have noticed they go on sale to anyone with an away booking history (which I have) next Tuesday, are they likely to get to this stage or do they tend to sell out before it gets to that stage this season?

I only ask because I could go through season ticket holders from here and get it but then it wouldn't go on my booking history, so I'm just trying to work out if it's worth waiting until next tuesday so I can have them on my booking history or just go and get them now to make sure I make the game but then not have them on my booking history?

Thanks

I think its a shocking decision... i too have over 20 aways combined from this season and last season (4 europe) aswell as a season ticket and theres a chance i might not get a ticket because i miss one game!

I think it just makes a mockery of the hole system and the shelling out of £500 on a season ticket when this is the incentive you get back!.. Serious own goal if this happens!!!

Hi General,

I too have to register my concern with the issue of Porstmouth away tickets in the cup going on sale to those who travelled to Sunderland, regardless of previous away history and/or season ticket, before regular away travellers who couldn't make the Sunderland game, like myself.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic gesture by the club of which I am immensely proud. Unfortunately, on this occasion I wasn't able to take advantage of it.

As has already been said on the thread in the main forum, we may be making a fuss about nothing, because chances are we will all get our tickets, but it really is a matter of principle.

*Post edited - this isn't the place to debate or respond to other posters questions. Trent

Off topic I know but General, I second the views of AVFC-PrideofBrum regarding season ticket prices for under 21's. I feel the gap from under 16's to under 21's is very big considering a lot of u21's go to college or uni and in most cases can not get jobs to raise money for tickets to games or season tickets.

I completely understand if you can't alter prices considering Villa really is a business but I think Villa could maybe have U18's tickets or even have discounts on ticket prices if you are a student at college or sixth form and make up a system where you could prove that you are in education and have discounts.

Again, I completely understand if you can't do anything about it but I think you could maybe give it some consideration in the future.

General, as you're obviously aware Randy has met with some of the 'disgruntled' Browns fans due to their current plight. I've been told that they came out of the meeting singing his praises and being completely behind his ownership of the team. I have two questions regarding this

1) Is Mr. Lerner is a Jedi or is he just that genuine and engaging?

2) If he is that nice then why do we never get to see interviews with him?

Do you think you could persuade him to do us a 30 second update once or twice a year on how he thinks things are going? Just a little video posted on the OS so we could get the over all feeling from him... and so we could rub the fact he's here in opposition fans faces a bit more. :lol:

Thanks.

General

Glad to see that we will wear the poppy on our shirts and a great idea to auction them off. I know Acorns is "our charity" but could we not give the proceeds from this to the British legion - we lost 5 more soldiers last night in Afghanistan. Salute our heroes past and present.