• Curtis Davies
    • Martin Laursen
    • Gareth Barry
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • Ashley Young
    • John Carew
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Other - please specify

For me it's Ash. Without him this whole thing wouldn't work. He is the primary reason we are where we are. Not the only reason, obviously. But the primary one.

For me it's Ash. Without him this whole thing wouldn't work. He is the primary reason we are where we are. Not the only reason, obviously. But the primary one.

That's true. However, is this thread really about who was the best player? Or the one that stood out the most for whatever reason?

I think that by January 2008 we already knew what Ash was capable of, arguably his better performances came in the first half of last year also. Arguably.

However for me, Gabbys improvement, his willingness to learn, eclipses the undoubted talent Young already possessed. Just my tuppence mind :winkold:

I looked down the list, tried to pick someone other than Ash but... just couldn't. He's our most important player and has been exceptional this year. We've come to take him for granted. As shown by him being prem player of the month but not ours (not saying Petrov didn't deserve it but we were moaning about him not being as good as last season!)

That's true. However, is this thread really about who was the best player? Or the one that stood out the most for whatever reason?

I think that by January 2008 we already knew what Ash was capable of, arguably his better performances came in the first half of last year also. Arguably.

However for me, Gabbys improvement, his willingness to learn, eclipses the undoubted talent Young already possessed. Just my tuppence mind

Gabby improved more but Ash is still better by miles and for that reason gets my vote. Giving it elsewhere because Ash is somehow the obvious choice doesn't make sense to me. If Ash is the obvious choice, it's because he's been that good; that important; and therefore deserves the plaudits. That be my tuppence :)

Â