• Curtis Davies
    • Martin Laursen
    • Gareth Barry
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • Ashley Young
    • John Carew
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Other - please specify

Gabriel Agbonlahor has really stepped up, Martin Laursen solid as ever, Ashley Young doing some fine stuff and then we have Stiliyan Petrov who has also done quite well.

1. Gabby (Important goals and great composure - we aren't missing Carew - just look at our recent form)

2. Laursen (Gives the kind of stature to our defensive unit that only top players like Rio and Terry could do)

3. Young (Our best player if you ask me and is only getting better - although his crossing has been variable)

4. Petrov (Though someone should point out that he is starting to be massively overhyped by some on here. He does his job simple and quietly, but it's not the hardest job)

Then a mention to Gareth Barry and Brad Friedel who have been solid - although not living up to their full potential

4. Petrov (Though someone should point out that he is starting to be massively overhyped by some on here. He does his job simple and quietly, but it's not the hardest job)

Not really the thread for this, but I tend to agree. He does keep things very simple, which is exactly what we want him to do. Though having said that, I don't think there is anyone else in the squad (perhaps Barry?) who could fulfil his role.

Martin Laursen for me. But there are a whole bunch of players who might just as easily be picked.

Stan Petrov, Gabby and Ashley and also GB who has played as well as them, but his behaviour for a brief period in the summer rules him out.

He does a thankless job. He is excellent at spreading the ball, great at tackling and breaking up play and is more consistent than any other player bar L. Young and Laursen. He has be exceptional and is our best player this season if you ask me. Not once has he made a mistake that lead to a goal unluck Reo-Coker playing the same role last season.

Â