• Curtis Davies
    • Martin Laursen
    • Gareth Barry
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • Ashley Young
    • John Carew
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Other - please specify

..and its carew for me, the majority of goals that villa score are down to him, he holds it up to enable everyone else to attack. Look what we have been able to do without him when he's injured, 2 own goals in the last 3 games? greattt.

Goals are goals!

Luke Young... fantastic addition to the squad and that is why i vote another... he has played RB and LB for us and has held his own and looked assured every time he plays... definately an unsung hero, back 4 hasn't looked like the real deal for years and he is getting us one step closer to the perfect back 4... when Bouma is back will be an amazing defence.

Petrov for me for the calendar year. Luke Young is pushing him for player of the season so far.

You cannot underestimate how important Petrov's contribution is to the team. He is our best CM and the only one who is happy to not treat the ball like a hot potato when surrounded by opponents. Creates space and time for himself and rarely gives the ball away. Unlike Mr Barry.

Cant believe Petrov isnt on the list. Makes the poll a bit of a joke. He is the glue that has held the team together alllowing Barry and others to do their jobs. When we were without him for 2/3 games we were much less effective.

I'm going to pick Petrov. He may not be the most glamorous or a headline grabber but goes about his job quietly and efficiently. His committment is second to none and he invariably uses the ball intelligently.

Some are saying he's overrated but I disagree. When he's on the ball he creates space, gives us time, and gets us ticking again.

A player who's workrate and composure allows others to shine.

2008 overall:

1. Laursen, 2. Petrov, 3. A.Young

(Petrov was good towards the end of last season as well, but didn't get the credit he deserved)

This season:

1. Petrov, 2. Laursen, 3. L.Young

(Ashley hasn't quite done it for me so far this season which is why he's only third overall and not in my top 3 for the season, although he WAS my player of the season for 2007/2008.)

Â