which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

if he can stay fit and in form...michael owen all the way for me. heskey if he can be as affective for us as he is for england.
Can you imagine Villa being able to substitute both Carew and Agbonlahor after 65 minutes of a game, and replacing them with Heskey and Owen! It would frighten most opposing defences to death.

Defoe, why? watched him play for portsmouth over a couple of games, he is a real handful. Quick, clever, not injury prone, english, young. Would like any of the others as well, accept perhaps crouch, looks to me like he is hitting the sort of form I remember from his last stint at villa.

We have no chance of RSC he will go to Man City for silly money £20 million plus prob. I would like Heskey we would have done much better tonight against Hamburg with him rather than Headless Harewood.

But we really need some more midfielders too, as if we lose Petrov of Barry we are stuffed. Plus another defender as Knight looks really average.

I chose Owen as a class above the rest and the only one guaranteed to improve us.

RSC, Crouch and Defoe I wouldn't thank you for.

Heskey might do a job and I like Ashton, but he would be a big risk.

Jovanovic I haven't heard of.

I'm wishing for Owen, no doubt about it!!! However, I'd like to just throw in another name into the hat... please dont shout at me :( but how about Djibril Cisse??

I heard from somewhere that the main reason he signed for Sunderland was because of Roy Keane.

Here are the vital statistics

- 132 goals from 308 games

- 7 goals this season for a under performing Sunderland side

- scored 19 goals last season in 45 goals

I'm sure many of you will say 'NO' straight away because of his unusual lifestyle etc etc etc however, he does score goals!

Â