which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

I don't think it's over-stating it to say that if we signed Michael Owen and he stayed fit we would finish in the top 4. So, what price Champions League?

I don't think it's over-stating it to say that if we signed Michael Owen and he stayed fit we would finish in the top 4. So, what price Champions League?

Very good point Brian, a guaranteed fit Owen is worth £10m , but then if you had a guaranteed fit Owen we wouldn`t even be in the reckoning

I would expect Arsenal to try and get him. Plop don't need him (and they have history), United are tripping over strikers, Chelsea are singing the praises of their 3 but if we were to buy Owen then Arsenal would be rightly worried. I think they'd attempt to gazzump us. The question then is a) do they have the readies and b.) would the big 4 +London factor swing it making it an unfair fight from the off. Other than that, I think Owen at this stage would rather come to us and fight for something than go to Citeh and rot.

I would expect Arsenal to try and get him. Plop don't need him (and they have history), United are tripping over strikers, Chelsea are singing the praises of their 3 but if we were to buy Owen then Arsenal would be rightly worried. I think they'd attempt to gazzump us. The question then is a) do they have the readies and b.) would the big 4 +London factor swing it making it an unfair fight from the off. Other than that, I think Owen at this stage would rather come to us and fight for something than go to Citeh and rot.

Arsenal have got Eduardo coming back from injury, Ade and RVP, Bendtner and Vela through the youth system. They don't really need another striker.

If Owen was to go, i'd see him either going to Man City, Everton or us. I don't think the top four would pay the money, as they already have forwards, and the three teams mentioned are the ones who need a proper goal scorer.

Santa Cruz is missing the delivery which he had from Bentley last year. In our team with crosses from both side of the park, he really would add a different dimension to our game. Owen is a top class striker though, and can get goals from anywhere, would like to see either of them in the Villa team.

Who's Jovanovic?

Anyway, Owen for me. i think we might actually need a carew replacement/stand in more urgently, but if I could just have one, i'd go for Owen. He'll score goals no matter who he plays for, I'd love it to be us.

very true Ian... the premiership has taken notice in the last couple of weeks as they see the men in claret and blue march up the table

We're in a excellent position for the transfer market in jan and that CL place at the end of the season is no longer a dream... its a damn good possibility

Please sign Owen! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

A few years ago now under Gregory we sat in a similar position at this time of year, that time we failed to bolster the squad and paid the price.

This time I trust we will not make the same mistake we are in a brilliant position both financial and football wise to go and build on this squad in January and really go for it. I trust Randy and MON we will not repeat mistakes of the past.

I can image a few players being very keen for their agents to get in touch with MON.

Â