which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

I went for Defoe - sorry we missed him last time. Quick energetic young, english and hungry. An absolute handful. Knows were the goal is. Imagine how many he would have scored if he got the service and supply of ball that we are throwing into the box and wasting at the moment. Personally I think MON will bid for somebody we haven't mentioned. Kevin Davies at Bolton. The forgotten man of english football. The big man can still do the business even at 31 he holds up the ball so well and is a great header of the ball. Great back up for carew. We'ed get 3 good years out of him easy!!!!

Dreaming of Klose or Podolski though

anyone voting for Heskey , you have my sympathy and I hope you get better soon :-)

:)

what if MON votes/buys heskey? Will he have your sympathy too?

Will he need to "get better"?

11 people voted for heskey? :shock:

You are shocked, yet MON, Capello and other top managers seem to clearly rate the guy ...

Not to mention the likes of Owen and Cottee who say he is their favourite strike partner in their careers which is some statement.

But hey what do the pro's and those in the game know.

Nilmar but knows who it's going to be :puke:

out of all the names 11 said Heskey :bonk:

If/When MON signs him, presumably you'll think MON is stark raving bonkers then, as this smiley suggests?

I opted for Owen, just because I think he would score the most goals and it would be the signing that would make people sit up and take notice of us. Plus it would probably be the biggest signing I have seen us make it terms of a players profile.

However, if I could have a 2nd choice it would be Heskey and ironically it would be for the opposite reasons. He wouldn't make people sit up and take notice but I think in terms of effect on the team and impact he could be a huge signing.

I'm greedy though, I want us to go and get Heskey and Owen and really show the top 4 we are coming for them and we mean business.

How would signing two players who have been in the top 4 and now in the realms of the lower half indicate to the Top 4 that we mean business. I personally don't want Owen as I think his best years are behind him and is too similar to Gabby.

451 is going to be the future - the FA agree with me :shock: - and as such do we need a replacement for JC. We have Fonz for that.

IF we get a striker I want us to get someone who would make others take note though I cannot think of any as those in the list all have big question marks over them, except the last one who I've not seen enough of.

Personally I think if we went and got Heskey and Owen Arsenal would be bricking it, but thats just my view.

I don't really see Fonz as a replacement for JC though.

Arsenal may but that is only one of the Big (Sky) 4 and I don't want to merely challenge one of that lot.

Fonz is not and would not be direct replacement for JC agreed, but the type of football we play without JC is more suited to the Fonz.

In fact our recent upsurge in results reminds me of when we lost Dion back in the day and thus simply had to change our approach to the game as high balls looking for a knock on had to be stopped, it's very similar now.

Arsenal may but that is only one of the Big (Sky) 4 and I don't want to merely challenge one of that lot.

Fair comment. I just think we need to do things a stage at a time and sign players accordingly, for the moment trying to pick off the weakest of the top 4 is the best we can hope for in my view.

they might have laughed before the last england match, but most of the footballing world suddenly seemed to be saying that heskey is a vital piece of the machine.

i think they may laugh louder if we sign crouch - we already had him once and managed to lose a stack of money on him!

we sign crouch

did you see his performance last night ... last time I saw finishing that bad I was watching Heskey play ... and yet he still finished with 2 goals :shock:

I have a can of petrol and a match on standby to use on myself in the event we sign Crouch

Â