which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

Dean Ashton would be my choice as his current problem appears to have been completely cured by the surgical removal of an extra piece of floating ankle bone that is only present in approx 10% of people. This is called Trigonum Syndrome and only really bothers athletes who flex their ankle joints more than most of us. He will be ready to play football at the beginning of january, so a fully fit Ashton would be a great signing for Villa. A fully fit Owen would be a good bit of business as well.

Owen yes he won't play 40+ games a season but if u get 25 games outta him hes bound to score 15-20 with the quality we have on the wings if u ask me. 29 and to me the kinda head we need. Gabby, Big John & Owen would be a nice strike force.

RSC to me doesn't seem the same player. Saying that if we got him i'd give him the chance, however Blackburn's asking price is a joke in itself.

Crouch..... NO. (Nuff Said)

Defoe... Again? Really? We've been over this!

Ashton... Now if this man could keep fit he would get my vote. I just cant see him staying fitter than Michael if I'm honest. Same pattern with this guy. Scores great goals ina 4-6 match spell. England talk begins. BANG hes injured.

Heskey... Good player lets not deny him of that. But if we get him we need another. To me he would jus replace the Hare.

Would like for us to get Owen and Heskey thou. But wont get 2 so im saying Owen.

I think if we only get Owen the Hare won't leave us in Jan. (Unless MON sees the Fonz as a 4th Striker already!)

Santa Cruz.

Would be the best fit in our team imo.

Why do you say that Chris?

Just out of interest

Remember how good he was last season with Bentley firing in the crosses, quite a few of his goals were headers from Bentley crosses and free kicks. No with Bentley off and Pedersen non-existant as a decent footballer these days, the supply line to the fowards is abysmal hence his dry spell this season.

Now given that Young is a better crosser of a ball than Bentley is, I think he'd be a great fit and can also hold the ball up quite well. Only worry is the injuries he picks up but you'd get that with heskey and Owen aswell.

Â