which striker would you choose in January?

TrentVilla

Which striker would you like to sign  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Which striker would you like to sign

• Ashton
    • RSC
    • Owen
    • Crouch
    • Defoe
    • Heskey
    • Jovanovic

I think I'd be slightly :( with Heskey signing because there was a glimmer of hope of us signing Owen because of the current situation up north. However, Emile is a decent striker

When you think about it our starting strike force of Gabby and Carew is very strong! The pacey striker alongside a target man works well for us.

We all know that Carew cant play every game and so signing someone like Heskey would enable MON to play Gabby alongside a capable target man - Mr Heskey

I'm sure the site would meltdown if MON splashed out £8-10million on Heskey :lol:

I think I'd be slightly :( with Heskey signing because there was a glimmer of hope of us signing Owen because of the current situation up north. However, Emile is a decent striker

When you think about it our starting strike force of Gabby and Carew is very strong! The pacey striker alongside a target man works well for us.

We all know that Carew cant play every game and so signing someone like Heskey would enable MON to play Gabby alongside a capable target man - Mr Heskey

I'm sure the site would meltdown if MON splashed out £8-10million on Heskey :lol:

I think Heskey would be a better signing than Santa Cruz.

Not because i think Heskey is better overall player than Santa Cruz (santa cruz is better finisher) but i do think Heskey and Gabby combination would workbetter than a Santa Cruz and Gabby combination.

Gabby is Martin O'Neills first choice striker whether ppl like it or not.

And someone like Heskey would suit us really well - especially for rest of this season.

Its blatant that few quality strikers are availbale in January and that Harewood is not simply not good enough back up for Carew.

Owen course would be a great signing but not sure how hed fit in

mate I don't think anyone on here doubts anymore the potential and threat of Gabby and his undisuted right to be the first choice forward

Well few weeks back i remember there was a few on here

And have heard plenty of Villa "fans " ...maybe not NOW ...but literally months if not only a few weeks back saying how we're relying on "Gabby too much " or how he's "lazy" etc..

they were, they have been shut up by gabby's performances

Indeed .

I am for the record a Gabby fan and obviously so is O'Neill. Gabby will be O'Neills first choice striker for the forseable future. Then its a who plays alongside him.

So whilst id love us to sign someone like Owen at same time i don't see how it could work .

I chose Owen but I don't think it'll happen.

I'd be happy with any of them tbh, although I'd be a bit underwhelmed if it was Jovanovic, not because I know much (anything) about it, but because I don't see any foreigner coming in and firing us to where we want to be.

We need someone who knows the Prem and will come in and click quickly.

Â