Pre Match Thread - Cup Final 10 of 10

16 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

If we lose this can Man United catch us?

Looks likely as their XG figures are very high and since Poch argued games should be decided on XG it's in thr bag for em.

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember that 74/75 season. Every player scored a goal except, Coombs, the goalkeeper. Incidentally, he was offered to take the penalty against Sunderland in the final game of the season, but declined. 

Must have been 28'000 in the Holte that day against Sunderland, baking hot too.

I just hope Ollie gets the 20th. He deserves that, and the player of the year, especially when you consider the no penalties factor. 

Come on me Babbys! 

My tit of an uncle refused to go earlier saying that it would never sell out so we went normal time and find the gates locked🙄☹️

34 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My tit of an uncle refused to go earlier saying that it would never sell out so we went normal time and find the gates locked🙄☹️

That's "Uncles" for you.

Prepared! Commentary on, booze in, wife out, worries gone.

Play the reserves and keep the first teamers uninjured. (Jonathan Kodija was just one who was injured in an end of season dead rubber & never really played again for Villa.) 

2 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Prepared! Commentary on, booze in, wife out, worries gone.

Play the reserves and keep the first teamers uninjured. (Jonathan Kodija was just one who was injured in an end of season dead rubber & never really played again for Villa.) 

I'll make sure she has fun dude. Thanks for letting me borrow her ❤️

can't wait for today. can't remember the last time i went to a game where the result meant absolutely nothing.

obviously don't want us to get dicked 5-0 or anything but going to be nice to be able to feel totally relaxed

• Like 2

A few things I’d like to see today: 

• Watkins gets his 20th and 21st goals in the first half
  • Duran, Kellyman and KKH all get a half at least 
  • No more injuries
  • Villa win 4-2
  • Unai celebrates full time by running up to the Villa fans and whips off his jacket to reveal the new kit
  • No more injuries 

I see a lot of people picking a team of kids or reserves, don't see that happening, the result doesn't matter but I think Unai will want to win and pick the best team available. 

Lots of injuries so I think Tim will have to play but otherwise I think our best team available. I reckon it will be:

Martinez

Konsa Carlos Pau Digne

Tim Luiz

Bailey McGinn Diaby

Watkins

I really want to see Watkins score, he's been stuck on 19 goals since the Arsenal game, I just want to see him get to 20 so we finally have a player who's done it in the Premier League. Probably less likely, but I also want to see us keep a clean sheet. We've shipped too many goals this season and only kept 8 clean sheets, although it's going to be extremely difficult keeping out Olise, Eze and Mateta. Maybe Tim plays a blinder of a game assuming he starts. 

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

A few things I’d like to see today: 

• Watkins gets his 20th and 21st goals in the first half
  • Duran, Kellyman and KKH all get a half at least 
  • No more injuries
  • Villa win 4-2
  • Unai celebrates full time by running up to the Villa fans and whips off his jacket to reveal the new kit
  • No more injuries 

Would agree with all this but would like to add one more:

• No Villa player to be sent off

Not sure if correct but wouldn’t a suspension/ban carry over into next season? We don’t want that, especially if it was a key player like McGinn or Martinez. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Would agree with all this but would like to add one more:

• No Villa player to be sent off

Not sure if correct but wouldn’t a suspension/ban carry over into next season? We don’t want that, especially if it was a key player like McGinn or Martinez. 

I think suspensions do carry over so yeah none of those please. 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'd play:

Spink

Barrett     McGrath  Mountfield  Wright

Petrov   Bremner  Morley

Shaw

Carew            Saunders

I started this post and realized that we've lost Ugo, Jlloyd, Dalian & obviously Sid is not in the best of health 😞

Life can be fleeting for everyone,  even for those blessed enough to play for our wonderful club.

(what a team that would be though)

Platt for Petrov and it's a belter

• Like 1

Watkins will want his 20th, an Emery is a winner, so I expect us to go for the win.

None of this matters anyway, not even the the league title. It's Klopps last day ya know. Sky will be focused on Klopp when the games finish, not Man City lifting the trophy 😂

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Olsen
Konsa - Carlos - Lenglet - Digne
KKH - Chambers - Tim - Diaby
Duran - Watkins

Looks like it's going to end up something like this to me.

Uuurgh what a horrible looking team. 

I suppose the result doesn't matter but we don't want to end the season with a shoeing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Uuurgh what a horrible looking team. 

I suppose the result doesn't matter but we don't want to end the season with a shoeing. 

I could be wrong but its very unusual them lot not to post Insta stories if they are playing/in the squad.

McGinn could be in there but with the video of him out on the lash midweek plus Euros round the corner I would be surprised. 

Do not care one bit about this, we've achieved our goal and it's a fantastic feeling. Just no injuries/sendings off.

Would be nice for Ollie to get 20 and Buendia, the last few minutes.

I predict a lot of goals, but can see them with a couple more. (So that's 0-0 guaranteed!) 

3 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Do not care one bit about this, we've achieved our goal and it's a fantastic feeling. Just no injuries/sendings off.

Would be nice for Ollie to get 20 and Buendia, the last few minutes.

I predict a lot of goals, but can see them with a couple more. (So that's 0-0 guaranteed!) 

Doesn't seem likely Buendia will be ready for that: https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/17/team-news-for-palace-clash/

Aston Villa will be without a host of players for Sunday’s final Premier League match of the season at Crystal Palace.

Nicolò Zaniolo suffered a broken metatarsal during Monday’s 3-3 draw against Liverpool and will now undergo surgery.

Technically he is registered in our league squad so he could get a stoppage time run out if Unai thinks he's ready, but he hasn't mentioned anything like that.

• Like 1