Pre-match thread - not a cup final!

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I’m going to watch the 1st half an hour of the Spuds game - hopefully take my mind off my nerves 

Until Spurs go 3 up and that impending sense of doom washes over you 😢

• Haha 2

Olympiacos going for the defensive holder in Iborra with Chiquinho and Hezze providing the energy. They will look to outnumber us in midfield.

Expect them to press us especially with Martinez out. Key will be to get that ball to Diaby and Bailey in space.

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Until Spurs go 3 up and that impending sense of doom washes over you 😢

We’ve got Europa no matter what :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It would be nice to fly out the blocks, race into a 3-0 lead, then slow the game down so we’re ready for Brighton on Sunday. Never seems to be the Villa way though.

Olympiakos are one of the heavyweights in Greece but it’s a poor standard of league, I’d say the Turkish league is even better. Need to be up for it though. Not sure why Pau isn’t starting so Lenglet needs to step up tonight.

I guess a Douglas Luiz yellow is about 1/8 these days.

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Robin Olsen’s natural expression is that of someone who looks a bag of nerves 😂 

doesnt help us fans big man

Comments from fans probably don’t help him either

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

It would be nice to fly out the blocks, race into a 3-0 lead, then slow the game down so we’re ready for Brighton on Sunday. Never seems to be the Villa way though.

Olympiakos are one of the heavyweights in Greece but it’s a poor standard of league, I’d say the Turkish league is even better. Need to be up for it though. Not sure why Pau isn’t starting so Lenglet needs to step up tonight.

I think Pau isn’t in because we’ve got a huge game on Sunday too… got to keep rotating players when possible I suppose. I trust King Unai

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ok now I'm nervous.

Relax! We’re against some Greek side that no one has even heard of, that may have won their league a couple of times in recent history. We’ll be fine. 

(and yes, it is a joke) 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I thought it visible against Chelsea and that obviously is picked - up by his teammates and, worse, by opponents. He needs to express his assurance and self - confidence, in the same way Emi does. Let's be honest, Emi hasn't been the goalkeeper, he currently is, for that long, but coming to us and representing his Country obviously instilled in him the qualities that now make him, officially, the World No1.

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Palmer just missed an open goal for Chelsea 🤬

This is harsh as came at him fast but would have backed him to score there

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Conventionally it is the role of the fans to support the players, not the other way round. Let’s hope they get behind Olsen tonight even if this doesn’t happen online.

• Like 1