Weekends Football 19/20 April

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Emery had him at Villareal. Brought him up through the B Team. And never once looked interested even when Was it Bournemouth were going to have him and he failed the medical. Even despite selling Ings.

Not sure what Emery thinks of him but he did seem to play him regularly at Villarreal. Maybe he was too expensive to be our backup striker and we went for the cheaper Durán instead?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He scored a great goal on Monday. 

I think he’s just an inconsistent young striker who will likely get better. 

He is just a 2 and a half year older version of Duran. He could be Drogba, he could be Jesse Lingard. ..personally i think he will be inconsistent throughout his Chelsea career. After watching him lose it wanting to take the penalty on Monday i don't think he is calm enough to be consistent. That said 10 goals and 4 assists in the prem so far. 

22 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He was a good player at his previous club

Hide contents

Under Unai Emery. 

He wasnt a starter under Unai and his best form came in last two months last season

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This would be given against us 

Looks similar to the one we got away with in literally the last game we played against Lille. 

Just now, villan95 said:

City have looked a bit shit this week. Maybe time to spend another billion.

Theyve already bought that kid from River Plate for 20 mill that is meant to be the dogs bollox  

Just now, The_Rev said:

Looks similar to the one we got away with in literally the last game we played against Lille. 

Nah cashs hand was in a natural position even though there's far more contact 

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Cash’s arm was in a natural position - Grealish is jumping with his arm in an unnatural position when jumping and by the wording of the law that’s a pen. I don’t even know if they reviewed it. 

Â