Long range goals

KentVillan

Saw a thread on Twitter of another club’s long range goals. A bit of a dying art these days with Guardiola ruining football.

What are the best you’ve seen from Villa players over the years? Share YouTube clips if you can find them

• Like 1

Benteke away at WBA is one of my favourite goals ever, and I've always thought it goes a little under the radar. Out of absolutely nothing, gets away from the defender and absolutely buries it:

Lowton away at Stoke was just a phenomenal strike:

Sorry for bad quality, amazes me how much video quality has changed in the last few years.

Also, it was Thomas Hitzlsperger's birthday yesterday and Villa FB shared a few of his goals...he scored some crackers for us.

• Like 3

I did see something saying that we have scored quite a few goals from outside the box this season. 

But yes I agree it's a shame we don't see more big strikes from way outside the box anymore. Something that fans love to see and talk about for weeks/months/years after the game 

Hitz always comes to mind for me, as well as some great strikes from Benteke

• Like 1

When I heard ‘long range’ the first goal I thought of was this effort from Deano…

He also had a couple of other great goals that stick in my memory. This one against Wimbledon…

And my personal favourite was a goal he scored against Norwich away on a Wednesday night. It might have been a little closer but it was off the back of some lovely team play. Unfortunately I can’t find a video of it…so I’ll just have to trust my memory that it was superb! 

• Like 1

Will always be one of my favourite Villa goals - and it’s just “pretty good”.

Something about the hit, the sound, the turn around in the score, who scored and who it was against is just the perfect combo:

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Lowton away at Stoke was just a phenomenal strike:

Lowton scored another great volley against someone for us, too, but can't recall who off the top of my head.

Ron Vlaar scored a fantastic daisy cutter from 30-35 yards in the 6-1 v Sunderland, one of the more memorable goals of that era for me.

Collymore v Spurs, timed about 1:20 here.

Hourihane v WBA (could pick a few of his, this is arguably the most important)

And as per the post above, Der Hammer really didn’t do tap ins did he? 

13 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

There's one or two in this compilation. 

Think his goal to win the Bundesliga in 2007 was just extraordinary and for how important it was one of the best goals ever. If some mug like Rooney scored it the Sky melts would still be banging on about it today

• Like 1

Â