Midweek Football 1/4 April

andykeenan

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Chelsea actually making a Conference league spot would be a bit of a disaster for them.

They'll be playing Thurs-Sun with a relatively small squad (somehow for all the money they spend they have little on the bench to change matches) and there's no CL prize at the end if they win it.

so that would be a good thing then really.....well for the rest of us that is

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Guess these social media Football influencers rake in so much from paid partnerships etc (and Goldbridge has his gig on Talksport) but I have no idea how you can actually do something like that when your team is playing as I'm a nervous wreck when we're leading 1-0 with 10 minutes left so would be totally uncoherent if I had to commentate on the game to an actual audience!

Works better with what Max Stokes (Villa on Tour) does as he has a few seconds to compose himself before giving his reaction when filming the games so it feels more of a natural experience with a Fan going to a game and reacting to it as the action unfolds.

That second penalty against Man Utd is never a pen. I just don’t understand what VAR is there for.

(Fantastic result though, so who cares really? :D)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Guess these social media Football influencers rake in so much from paid partnerships etc (and Goldbridge has his gig on Talksport) but I have no idea how you can actually do something like that when your team is playing as I'm a nervous wreck when we're leading 1-0 with 10 minutes left so would be totally uncoherent if I had to commentate on the game to an actual audience!

Works better with what Max Stokes (Villa on Tour) does as he has a few seconds to compose himself before giving his reaction when filming the games so it feels more of a natural experience with a Fan going to a game and reacting to it as the action unfolds.

How did they even get started? Not every game is televised so they must have started out at least watching illegal streams? And also how can you be a self anointed superfan never being able to watch your team live?

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

How did they even get started? Not every game is televised so they must have started out at least watching illegal streams? And also how can you be a self anointed superfan never being able to watch your team live?

Arsenal Fan TV basically. And they're just tweaked the model of giving their reaction as the game is going rather than after the match.

That's a good point, does Goldbridge do this for the Sat 3pms as Man. United have had a decent number this season. I assume he does his Talksport show from his house so possible to combine the two.

Edit: His actual name is Brent Di Cesare?! Sounds like someone Chelsea would sign for 80m.😂

Edited by VillaChris

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Cole Palmer. Balls of steel for a 21 year old.  What a fantastic player . Clutch moments he comes up good. 

He takes a great pen tbf.

Might be good to take for the euro's and bang him on in extra time if it comes to it.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That second penalty against Man Utd is never a pen. I just don’t understand what VAR is there for.

(Fantastic result though, so who cares really? :D)

I thought it was soft.

If that had been given against us we'd be livid.

Just now, AshVilla said:

I thought it was soft.

If that had been given against us we'd be livid.

It’s beyond soft - it’s an outright dive :D 

• Like 1

Man. United just have no control whatsoever in midfield.

The comms I was listening to were basically laughing at Casemiro's attempts to attempt to keep up with Chelsea's runners in the first half. His legs have totally gone and all he's good enough to do now is head away crosses so he'll be playing in Saudi Arabia next season.

Mainoo looks pretty tired now which is understandable for an 18/19 year old in the league who's started 20 games in the last five months.

They badly need someone like Odegaard in there who's revolutionised Arsenal's play.

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

It’s beyond soft - it’s an outright dive :D 

Andy Townsend on my commentary said theres contact do it won't be overturned which about sums it up 

It was a dive, a hand on his thigh made him fall over 

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

For a shite mid table team Chelsea get an absolute tonne of penalties don’t they?

Chelsea are actually pretty good in attack. Their Xg is typically much higher than the number of goals they score. 

Their biggest problem is they have no striker to finish those chances. 

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

He takes a great pen tbf.

Might be good to take for the euro's and bang him on in extra time if it comes to it.

He has 16 goals, the same as Watkins. Half are penalties.

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Might be slightly controversial but i quiet like him, I see a lot of my own reactions to Villa in the way he is. Also very funny watching any Utd fan have a melt down after the previous 20 + years they had of success, welcome to the real world where not turning up every week expecting to win makes the wins you do get all the sweeter. It’s called being a real supporter not a plastic “I support Utd because they are the best”

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It needs his missus in the background to shout “shut up” to really make it gold tier.

I love a meltdown video though. What makes it extra good is that he’s got the score as 3-3 full time clearly not expecting another goal. Lovely.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Andy Townsend on my commentary said theres contact do it won't be overturned which about sums it up 

It was a dive, a hand on his thigh made him fall over 

I think there was a slight bit of contact between their boots, but Madueke had kept his balance and then just fell over after feeling a hand brush his thigh. It was an awful decision. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Max Stokes and Villa are on Tour is great viewing. I always recommend it. Simon also great on there.

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 2

Â