Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

Concerned that if we are not intending to compete in this game we might get smashed and that could ruin our goal difference, which could be problematic...

Fingers crossed I'm being over dramatic and we will be fine though!!!

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't think it is an opportunity though. Being hammered and seeing f*** all of the ball will not be good for development or confidence.

They are basically lambs to the slaughter. 

I think you're drastically overstating the changes here tbh.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

I think you're drastically overstating the changes here tbh.

Really? No McGinn, Kamara, Watkins, Tielemans, Bailey or Torres away to the treble winners?

I don't think it's even possible to overstate the changes tbh.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Just now, smg said:

Only by the regulars on here, the players and management no chance..we will probably lose but  so what we would probably lose with any 11

Yeah that’s called writing it off. 

I wasn’t complaining. In fact I think it’s very sensible. 

But let’s not pretend it’s anything other than what it is. We’re sacrificing the game. 

That doesn’t mean we have no chance and that the team out there won’t give it their all. 

It does mean we’re prioritising other games

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't think it is an opportunity though. Being hammered and seeing f*** all of the ball will not be good for development or confidence.

They are basically lambs to the slaughter. 

Playing first team football against top opposition is of course good for development. 

And confidence? You've got Emery putting them in the starting line up. You don't think that builds confidence?