Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

The newish players in the starting line up in Tim, Zaniolo and Rogers. Not looking forward to this anymore. He must have said play with no fear. I fear a drubbing coming up

• Haha 1

Big chance for players whose time has been limited to show their worth here…

Intriguing… awesome if they can really step up and give Unai a selection dilemma moving forwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Fully support the line up. It's not what people want to see and it's admitting we are binning off this game...but without any emotional attachment...that's what we should be doing.

Are man city binning off the game as well because haaland and de bruyne are on the bench?! I think it's called squad rotation due to a busy month ahead 

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Are man city binning off the game as well because haaland and de bruyne are on the bench?! I think it's called squad rotation due to a busy month ahead 

No.

And relax it wasn't an insult. We are writing this one off and living to fight another day 

Edited by rodders0223

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Having seen the team, I would take a 2-0 loss right now. I am seriously worried about goal difference. That 11 would struggle against a bottom 6 side. Away to Man City?

This is going to be bad. 

Ah cheer up dude, anything is possible in football, and that’s why we love it. Nothing is ever won before a ball is kicked.

I don't mind resting folk, tbh. I just hope we don’t torpedo our Goal Difference. That could be crucial.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Big chance for players whose time has been limited to show their worth here…

Intriguing… awesome if they can really step up and give Unai a selection dilemma moving forwards.

I don't think it is an opportunity though. Being hammered and seeing f*** all of the ball will not be good for development or confidence.

They are basically lambs to the slaughter. 

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I don't wanna see us bin any game off. 

There must be a reasoning behind this selection beyond fitness and rotation. 

That we have a home game at the weekend which is more winnable than a game against the treble winners who just don’t lose at home.  It not binning it off, it’s more that it’s surprising Pep, along with a group of very fit players who get a chance to show what they have.  Tactical surprise.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

I don't mind resting folk, tbh. I just hope we don’t torpedo our Goal Difference. That could be crucial.

The thing is, they have the ability to torpedo our goal difference even with our best 11 out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Some people are forgetting we have an ECL quarter final next week.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Ooft. Clear that this game has been written off then

Only by the regulars on here, the players and management no chance..we will probably lose but  so what we would probably lose with any 11