New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The thing with redeveloping the current ground is that if we don't start in the next year or two then we can't start until after Euro 2028, unless we give up the rights to hold matches.  It wouldn't surprise me if Heck doesn’t really care about the Euros if we don't really make that much money out of it.  Either way it's going to be a lot more seasons with the North Stand as it is, maybe even another decade at this rate, which is pretty unsatisfactory.  That's the main reason why I reckon there's a possibility that they're looking at relocating somewhere else, in fact they'd be a bit mad not to look into it.

Depends if they think our waiting list is real…that we can regularly get more than 50k (post bits and pieces they are going to do now)…that the investment of anywhere from £500m-£1bn would see the return in a new stadium and surrounding entertainment.  It may be not be financially worthwhile…

• Like 1

Basically to do it properly at VP you’d have to level it stand by stand and do it over a multi year period. That’s likely to be expensive due to the nature of the build, screw our PSR as we’ll always be playing with three stands until the rebuild is complete. And it doesn’t solve for the transport issues and isn’t a perfect solution to make it a genuine multipurpose venue. 

Alternatives would be to:

A - build a new stadium on the same site but move the pitch as Spurs did but apparently that’s not feasible. 

B - Knock the whole thing down and start again but would we then ground share with Wolves?

C - Build a brand new stadium elsewhere and move in when it’s ready. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Yes in a perfect world but this does not solve the transportation issues and we would be totally screwed for FFP for the period of the stadium build. 

Infrastructure investments don't count against FFP. If the company that own Villa park were to build Aston Villa Ltd. a new stadium it may not have any impact on FFP. 

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Basically to do it properly at VP you’d have to level it stand by stand and do it over a multi year period. That’s likely to be expensive due to the nature of the build, screw our PSR as we’ll always be playing with three stands until the rebuild is complete. And it doesn’t solve for the transport issues and isn’t a perfect solution to make it a genuine multipurpose venue. 

Alternatives would be to:

A - build a new stadium on the same site but move the pitch as Spurs did but apparently that’s not feasible. 

B - Knock the whole thing down and start again but would we then ground share with Wolves?

C - Build a brand new stadium elsewhere and move in when it’s ready. 

I still don’t get why we need this new stadium?  Financially massively expensive and unlikely to get a complete return within the next 10-15 years.  

We already have the likes of Pink, Springsteen and Foo Fighters playing at Villa Park.  

I’m still not convinced we are a regular 60k fan base that needs a new stadium.  

We don’t need to get into that massive debt and interest payments to fund the stadium.  

We need to improve revenues and there are plenty of other ways first and maybe in the future when we can look at the new stadium idea when it makes more sense.  

We need to make this club more self sustainable at this level first.  

Yes, facilities aren’t brilliant and transportation isn’t brilliant but it’s not that bad, plus this new stadium will likely just mean season ticket prices will sky rocket further.  

There are plenty small fixes that can be done until the business case makes sense, we are nowhere near that for a new stadium.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Infrastructure investments don't count against FFP. If the company that own Villa park were to build Aston Villa Ltd. a new stadium it may not have any impact on FFP. 

But you’d still lose all income associated with having one stand out of action for at least one season and probably a downturn in on the pitch performances as well. 

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of this legit reminds me of when some fans were actually upset about benches being changed to modern seating because " Players shouldn't be comfortable on the bench " ffs 😂 🤦🏾‍♂️

Evolve or die.

Why does everyone make it seem like there is no compromise between out dated ground, " nostalgia " and " Bland Bowl " ?

If we built a new stadium (which we won't) then it would be a bland bowl.

• Like 1

Villa still don't need a new stadium...I'm against it. 

There is plenty of room for improvement, there is space around the North Stand, car-park, clubshop, warehouse....heaps of space.

The parking can even go underground to make yet more space.

Building and architecture can be efficient where space is limited anyway so that should not be a illegitimate concern.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Thanks 1

I really wish people would get the NEC idea out of their head too. It's 13 miles away from Aston; it's not exactly that much better than Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes. And getting to the NEC general area is nowhere near as easy as some people think, trust me!

We stay in Aston.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I really wish people would get the NEC idea out of their head too. It's 13 miles away from Aston; it's not exactly that much better than Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes. And getting to the NEC general area is nowhere near as easy as some people think, trust me!

We stay in Aston.

It's not even comparable to Wimbledon moving to MK. 

NEC is in the same city - it's 15 mins down the M6. 

I am not advocating for it. but considering the NEC infrastructure already in place, it is a feasible option. Especially if resorts world arena is taken over by the exhibition space, and we strike a deal with them to build a venue that is capable of hosting 20k attendance concerts on weekly basis AND 60k football matches. Now THAT would be a cash cow that would challenge or overtake the spurs stadium. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be honest I wish people would get the new stadium idea out of their heads.

It suddenly seems to be being discussed like it's a genuine possibility.

It's not going to happen any time soon, if at all.

Why - just because you say so? You could just avoid the thread rather than post your opinions as fact ? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why - just because you say so? You could just avoid the thread rather than post your opinions as fact ? 

I didn't know we had to clarify that a post is opinion and not fact now. But anyway, it's not really my opinion, the club have categorically said it's not in their plans. Despite the pausing of the North Stand development, that is still what they're planning to do.

But if you want my opinion, my opinion is there is far more we can do with VP in its current location which will increase capacity at a far lower price than building a new stadium. If Villa ever build a new stadium it's probably 20-30 years away.

IN MY OPINION

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’d have agreed that the club weren’t looking to move but the big elephant in the room is Altairos. We wouldn’t need to have them onboard unless there were some very large capital infrastructure projects being discussed. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’ve had that conversation with someone who works at Wasserman agency as an intermediary recently and his take on it was that it would be a game changer for us in the eyes of players. Most players don’t give too shits about the history of a ground according to him other than the obvious Anfield’s and Old Trafford’s. He went on to say that they want to play at the best modern stadiums where the facilities for them, their families and friends are first class. He said players who maybe would think twice about playing for Everton currently will be more inclined once they move to Bramley Dock.

Do we really think this is the case? I mean maybe, if the players didn't realise that they'd actually be spending 90% of their working time at the training ground, not in stadia. And in that regard, with Bodymoor, we already have as good as it gets.

Besides, the players must see the best parts of VP - they get off the coach into the player's entrance and the plush changing rooms. The families presumably get the best hospitality seats.

Granted they see the North Stand from the car park, but that is exactly the part that was supposed to be getting upgraded - including that hospitality. It's not as if they've experienced trying to buy a pie at half time in the concourses and thought "this is shit, I'd rather play for Tottenham where there's a cheese room".

Edited by fightoffyour

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Do we really think this is the case? I mean maybe, if the players didn't realise that they'd actually be spending 90% of their working time at the training ground, not in stadia. And in that regard, with Bodymoor, we already have as good as it gets.

Besides, the players must see the best parts of VP - they get off the coach into the player's entrance and the plush changing rooms. Granted they're in the North Stand car park, but that is exactly the part that was supposed to be getting upgraded. It's not as if they've experienced trying to buy a pie at half time in the concourses and thought "this is shit, I'd rather play for Tottenham where there's a cheese room".

Thats what I was told by someone who works within the industry for one of the largest agencies out there … I don’t know myself as not privy to it just passing on what he said when discussing what moving stadia could mean. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Besides, the players must see the best parts of VP - they get off the coach into the player's entrance and the plush changing rooms. Granted they're in the North Stand car park, but that is exactly the part that was supposed to be getting upgraded. It's not as if they've experienced trying to buy a pie at half time in the concourses and thought "this is shit, I'd rather play for Tottenham where there's a cheese room".

Even if it is, do we really want to sell our own history for the sake of players who at most spend 3-5 years here max? I've been a Villa fan for 32 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DakotaVilla said:

We won’t have a history worthy of discussion in 20 years  if we don’t take the very difficult decision to put the clubs future growth potential first. 

History doesn't work like that. You don't erase it. We've won 7 FA cups, the league and the top level of european competition while playing games at Villa Park. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

We won’t have a history worthy of discussion in 20 years  if we don’t take the very difficult decision to put the clubs future growth potential first. 

You should let the club know then, because we won't be building a new stadium