New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

I'm all for a new stadium. Villa Park hasn't the facilities needed to kick on and keep us financially in line with the other clubs. We grow or stay as we are, it's simple. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

I'm all for a new stadium. Villa Park hasn't the facilities needed to kick on and keep us financially in line with the other clubs. We grow or stay as we are, it's simple. 

Or we grow and develop Villa Park?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Or we grow and develop Villa Park?

Villa Park has some undeniable limitations. I'm happy with whatever decision the owners make on the stadium, but if we move on from Villa Park to a New Villa Park, it will be because they think Villa Park as it stands is holding us back from being the best club we can be.

• Like 2

Thought the outside of Everton’s new ground looked good but the inside looks pretty dull and unimpressive 

IMG_1969.jpeg.96abace595d96109e81b1dce7b682151.jpeg

I hope if we ever had to move to a new ground it would look better than this.  I mean it’s only going to hold just under 53k as well and I know that’s not the be all but that internal part is uninspiring and soulless.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Thought the outside of Everton’s new ground looked good but the inside looks pretty dull and unimpressive 

I hope if we ever had to move to a new ground it would look better than this.  I mean it’s only going to hold just under 53k as well and I know that’s not the be all but that internal part is uninspiring and soulless.

Not been to Goodison park but I guess this new ground has got to be better. But it does look like all the other "new" football grounds, a bit soulless.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Not been to Goodison park but I guess this new ground has got to be better. But it does look like all the other "new" football grounds, a bit soulless.

I loved Goodison, probably been there a dozen times including if I remember correctly Yorkie’s last game for us.  Yeah it’ll be modern and all the new requirements from viewing, spacing, OH&S, facilities but surely that’s a given.  With all the new stadiums around the world I just thought the interior could look a bit more special than that Lego looking interior.  

To lose something so special and historical as Goodison I would expect more.  If that had been Villa I would’ve been gutted.  If you’re going to do it and spend as much as they have then do it properly rather than an ikea, lego looking, bland interior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Villa Park oozes character.  That's why I believe we need to think carefully.  No new build can just replace what we would lose in terms of character.

That is true. It is unique but has some problems too. I think the issues at VP are accessibility and older facilities. I worry about our fanbase sustaining/growing in that area too, especially if the transport issues aren't improved. I think the club needs to have more land and attract partners to help regenerate the area with jobs/education offerings etc -AV campus.  Villa can be an anchoring force in Witton, it needs support from government, council and residents to achieve it.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

A horrible bowl like all the rest of them. 

It looks like the Ricoh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

That is true. It is unique but has some problems too. I think the issues at VP are accessibility and older facilities. I worry about our fanbase sustaining/growing in that area too, especially if the transport issues aren't improved. I think the club needs to have more land and attract partners to help regenerate the area with jobs/education offerings etc -AV campus.  Villa can be an anchoring force in Witton, it needs support from government, council and residents to achieve it.

Indeed. Biggest problems being the North Stand and the Witton Lane. We have acres of land behind the North to maximise with redevelopment and surely there is a deal to be done on Witton Lane , as was done in 1993.

A new site, close to a motorway and two train stations will not be easy to find - aside from costing a bomb.

Aside from the character and history of VP, the site we have currently does have a lot going for it if some brains could get together and sort out the problem.

Think about it. We are discussing new sites but none of them come close to the acres we have, or the proximity to transport links. Does a site stand out as offering better transport/ potential for growth? Haven't seen one jumping out at us.

Besides, a new build whatever way you look at it,  is more likely than not going to end up as underwhelming as the new Everton stadium above.

Guys, think very, very carefully about this, the grass is not always greener.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
Typos!

The fans will be the defining factor of any new stadium and the Everton stadium is designed for them to be as close to the pitch as possible. I don’t quite understand why the atmosphere should suffer after a move if handled correctly. 

if we were to move I’d like a continuous lower tier then 4 separated upper tiers and no sloping roof so the fans can see the whole stadium from the last row rather than letter box view and disconnected. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Indeed. Biggest problems being the North Stand and the Witton Lane. We have acres of land behind the North to maximise with redevelopment and surely there is a deal to be done on Witton Lane , as was done in 1993.

A new site, close to a motorway and two train stations will not be easy to find - aside from costing a bomb.

Aside from the character and history of VP, the site we have currently does have a lot going for it if some brains could get together and sort out the problem.

Think about it. We are discussing new sites but none of them come close to the acres we have, or the proximity to transport links. Does a site stand out as offering better transport/ potential for growth? Haven't seen one jumping out at us.

Besides, a new build whatever way you look at it,  is more likely than not going to end up as underwhelming as the new Everton stadium above.

Guys, think very, very carefully about this, the grass is not always greener.

One of the problems is that you have to close part of the stadium for 1-2 years to rebuild it with the PSR problems that brings.  A new site with a new stadium means we can stay at 42k capacity until we move to the 60k capacity stadium. The new stadium should move us to around £50m matchday income, whereas the North stand improvement would bring us to around £30m matchday income. 

• Like 1

Indeed, I took that on board when Allani made that point.  It isn't a simple one.

Of course, with past rebuilds of Holte and trinity, we had fans in the lower tiers before each stand was finished....

Edited by Captain_Townsend

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Probably hit all the key requirements to dovetail perfectly with the level of football that'll be on offer.

• Haha 1

Not specifically Villa Park related but as the Lucas Oil Stadium has been touted as a good bench mark and design for ‘New’ Villa Park, if and when that ever happened. 

I had a nosey at the colts websites and found the below virtual tour, gives you the view from anywhere in the stadium. Filled 10 mins of my life 🤪

There’s no extract as such as it take’s you straight to the virtual tour itself so apologies mods if this breaches guidelines.

Virtual tour of the Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium

Edited by burchy
Would help if I typed out the URL correctly wouldn't it!!!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, nick76 said:

I loved Goodison, probably been there a dozen times including if I remember correctly Yorkie’s last game for us.  Yeah it’ll be modern and all the new requirements from viewing, spacing, OH&S, facilities but surely that’s a given.  With all the new stadiums around the world I just thought the interior could look a bit more special than that Lego looking interior.  

To lose something so special and historical as Goodison I would expect more.  If that had been Villa I would’ve been gutted.  If you’re going to do it and spend as much as they have then do it properly rather than an ikea, lego looking, bland interior.

It was rocking on the last day of the season when Graham Tyler stepped down, becoming England manager. One of the best atmospheres I’ve ever been involved with

• Like 1