Match Thread: Villa v Ajax

limpid

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

That had better be a knock and he will be ready for Sunday. A Watkins injury would be disastrous. 

We’d go from competing for 4th to hoping we can stay ahead of Man U and steal that 5th spot. 

Just now, Callum said:

Or am I just pleased to see Diaby playing well? 

spacer.png

• Like 1

this thread is my only coverage.  (pity)  This thread is often misleading.  but I haven't heard McGinn at all.  I really thought he would be a force this evening.   Is the man to man marking in midfield keeping him out of any ball contact?

Just now, srsmithusa said:

this thread is my only coverage.  (pity)  This thread is often misleading.  but I haven't heard McGinn at all.  I really thought he would be a force this evening.   Is the man to man marking in midfield keeping him out of any ball contact?

Hasn't been very visible. Some good moves, but not a force yet.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

this thread is my only coverage. 

Isn't that a Bob Marley line? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I’ve been there. Doing the games through the VillaTalk thread is like sitting next to a drunken supporter, punctuated with the occasional brilliant comment. Oh, and a sense of camaraderie.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

He's doing fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I like diaby and bailey on the same pitch.

They have such potential, but historically, they have sometimes negated each other by making the same run and  pulling more defenders into the same area....getting in each other's way.   Based on this thread it sounds like diaby is staying more central which, if bailey stays wide, will create more space for each and help both shine.

Edited by srsmithusa