Weekends Football 16/18 Febuary

andykeenan

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Me either, they didn't really explain it well on commentary and they've got access to the PGMOL feed.

Do they? 

So that yesterday when the Commentator said they didn't want to over rule him on his debut that was an actual thing rather than just the Commentator making a guess? 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Do they? 

So that yesterday when the Commentator said they didn't want to over rule him on his debut that was an actual thing rather than just the Commentator making a guess? 

They usually do yeah but I think that case was speculation 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I guess they’re saying Osborn is offside (which he is) but the ball comes off 2 Brighton players. I guess Attwell is saying that the header backwards isn’t deliberate 

Yep, that's it apparently, the second header doesn't count because it's a deflection rather than a deliberate action.

The offside rule is a collection of knots.

It was a terrible attempt at a tackle, like something from the 70’s. Sheff United can consider themselves unlucky to have that goal ruled out, it looks a fair goal to me. But then I have no sympathy as our goal against them should never have been ruled out. 

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How the **** did the ref only give a yellow for this initially? One of the worst fouls I’ve seen in a long time 

This makes it look far worse than it was.

Don't get me wrong, it's a red card, but this makes it look like he's absolutely launched himself at Mitoma's knee whereas the reality is that he's kicked through the ball (missing it) and ended up catching Mitoma horribly instead.

He missed the ball by enough that he actually ended up catching it with his other foot - he must have been a foot off it - went for his man and hoped he'd touch the ball on the way through.

It's all been a bit dull in the end, United have sat in and Brighton seem happy enough to just relax and take the points.

Ah well, is it too much to hope Luton spend ninety minutes kicking lumps out of Bruno Fernandes in the next one?

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He missed the ball by enough that he actually ended up catching it with his other foot - he must have been a foot off it - went for his man and hoped he'd touch the ball on the way through.

It's all been a bit dull in the end, United have sat in and Brighton seem happy enough to just relax and take the points.

Ah well, is it too much to hope Luton spend ninety minutes kicking lumps out of Bruno Fernandes in the next one?

I think Luton could well get something against Man Utd

I'd be livid if I was a Sheff Utd fan. It's not just they're not good enough they've given up. Same Vs us. Shows how bad our relegation side was when they'll pick up more points still. Dreadful. 

13 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

if only Sheff Utd defended like this at VP

They weren’t great at VP. The goals chalked off meant they could stay back, then a little bit of luck got them over the line. If the handball had been given and we scored the game would have opened up in our favour. Decisions in that game robbed us.

Â