Ratings & Reactions: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/02/24 at 23:59

22 minutes ago, TomC said:

I agree that the ref was pretty bad today, but the idea that there's some sort of conspiracy against us is ridiculous. Fulham probably had more complaints than we did.

Watkins penalty? Well, then give two against Pau in the first half at our end.

Offside on the Moreno goal? Probably wrong, but it was close. Offset that with the Doug back pass to Emi...you can argue that he didn't deliberately kick it to him, but that's a borderline one our way.

How about the clear corner off Cash at our end that they gave us a goal kick instead?

Never explain something with a conspiracy when you can explain it with basic incompetency.

You know I'm being tongues in cheek right!? **** sake as if you'd take anything I say as law. You surely must have been on this forum long enough to ignore my posts. Or take the piss. old Beach Boys bitch Roberto does 😉🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

We did well , but need to work on how to defend headers , as Pau/ Lenglet were not great and fortunate Fulham are not good at headers. Not Luton though ..

Don't get me started....its our achilles.

.....and crosses.

Its a back door, invitation, in to our games.

....but Great result.

Edited by TRO

Torres didn't look like he needed to get up to speed he was on it from the off. Great finishing from Ollie and still not sure how we didn't get a penalty from either the ref or the officials at Stockley Park.

23 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Pau back in, Villa win. 

Best centre back for many a year at Villa.

Dare I say best since God. Crazy to think thank that 33m is a bargain. But it really is looking it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ollie on… 13 goals in the league now? On course for 19 and beyond which no one has managed in PL for us since Benteke? Yorke got 17?

Racking up the assists too… such an important player for us…

13 goals and 10 assists. Amazing 

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Was working so could only follow the scores. Why did they have so many bookings in the last few minutes?

We were working the clock and their heads went a bit - it should really have been worse, Traore should have been sent off.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Yes, Fulham had many crosses, but never looked threatening. We contained them well and broke at ease. The goal from a terrible mix up. Yes, whilst we lack height, I don't think we ever felt that exposed for a lot of the game. The pressure came from the amount of 50/50s going Fulham's way in that second half.

Really.😄

Glad to see Tim get a run.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

13 goals and 10 assists. Amazing 

Could break or match the record of most PL goals in a season for us, should go on to break Gabby’s record as our highest PL goal scorer…

Will he be recognised as the best Villa striker of the PL era? I think so… eventually…

He is underestimated and underrated, particularly by many of our fans…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Am I the only one who thinks the ref was good today? At least for us?

15 others agree with you on the vote atm.

I gave 'very poor' for the officiating in general. VAR shafted us twice and free kicks were given for nothing. Thankfully, it didn't cost us this time (unlike man u and newcastle)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Torres didn't look like he needed to get up to speed he was on it from the off. Great finishing from Ollie and still not sure how we didn't get a penalty from either the ref or the officials at Stockley Park.

Just watched the highlights and I’m not on the conspiracy theory bandwagon but ffs putting the offside lines against Bailey who wasn’t involved rather than Moreno is almost as bad as ruling out Liverpool’s goal vs spurs and as for that Penalty on Watkins that shouldn’t need VAR to give the pen because it’s clear and obvious but for VAR to then not overturn it, Jesus Christ that’s mad.

Just now, Ouchmefoot said:

I gave 'very poor' for the officiating in general. VAR shafted us twice and free kicks were given for nothing. Thankfully, it didn't cost us this time (unlike man u and newcastle)

The ref also gave Fulham a free kick from an air kick from Bailey which was nowhere near Cairney's head which they scored the offside goal from. So many baffling calls today.

1 minute ago, Ouchmefoot said:

I thought he did a good job at booking their players for trying to get our players booked and for cynical fouls.