Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Zero7 said:

How much would Connor Gallagher cost us 

£50m probably even though he has one year left on contract. Then he'd be on 5.5m to 6m salary per year. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I disagree I think we absolutely need two CMs. We've lost Kamara, we're selling Donk and Tim. Two is an absolute must as we use McGinn and Tielemans in non CM positions and we've overused the CMs we've got. 

If donk and tim go then yeah i agree. Tims the key one. Will emery give him another season or let him go?

Personally think he will be moved on as he didnt even gove him a start in a pointless game like palace thatvspoke volumes for me

I've a feeling we might take a risk this window in how we get our players in. We'll sign players early which push us over PSR next season and back ourselves to shift the players we need to balance the books. We always have break glass in case of emergency players like JJ and Luiz who we can sell in August or next June to stay under PSR. 

We can always sell Bodymoor heath to ourselves to avoid any points penalty of it came to it. 

I'd go hot into the season and look to bring funds in Jan or next June

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I've a feeling we might take a risk this window in how we get our players in. We'll sign players early which push us over PSR next season and back ourselves to shift the players we need to balance the books. We always have break glass in case of emergency players like JJ and Luiz who we can sell in August or next June to stay under PSR. 

We can always sell Bodymoor heath to ourselves to avoid any points penalty of it came to it. 

I'd go hot into the season and look to bring funds in Jan or next June

This seems mad to me, I see Chelsea have sold these hotels and are now still managing them for an income. Surely the rules should only relate to football assets. While BMH is obviously a football asset it just seems mad to me. 

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There isn’t a hope in hell Tim is ever going to be good enough for the level we want to be at. 

If he were a couple of years younger I'd be inclined to give him time. Problem is that at his age there's plenty of well established players in the League. He's had a few cameos to try and prove himself, but hasn't really stood out at all in any of them. Think a move to the Championship would be great for him.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Joao Felix is the new Defoe/Benni McCarthy isn't he? Every single window.

It's obvious he doesn't want to play for us so I'd steer well clear as that's how dressing room morale tends to decrease. Look at some of his antics trying to force the Barca move.

4 goals in 16 games for Chelsea. 10 goals for Barca in 40 so very mediocre stats these days.

He may have changed his mind since we've qualified for CL?

29 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

If he were a couple of years younger I'd be inclined to give him time. Problem is that at his age there's plenty of well established players in the League. He's had a few cameos to try and prove himself, but hasn't really stood out at all in any of them. Think a move to the Championship would be great for him.

Yeah im inclined to agree. Also when you have a knackered and injury savaged squad and you still are nit starting your futures not looking good. I think he will do well in championship 

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could we get 8 - 10 mill for Tim? 🤔

I would think not. From who?

We could do what City/Newcastle/Chelsea do and just cheat I suppose.

£20m bid coming in from Vissel Kobe.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d say that would be the buyback clause fee, without the clause we’d get more 

Fair assessment.

So when we think about it, there are definitely moves we can make to Offsett PSR without having to move gems. Home grown as I'm told makes a huge difference to books also.

Let's loan ( sell ) Chelsea O'Reilly for 75 mill with a buyback of 20 mill.

He'll do well for their reserves or Vitesse for a year or two then come back fully ready 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I would think not. From who?

We could do what City/Newcastle/Chelsea do and just cheat I suppose.

£20m bid coming in from Vissel Kobe.

If they can do it why cant we? Sell timmy to vitoria for 15m that will help massively 

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

more links to Acuna for 15 mil??? Guy is 32.... do we need more ageing left backs?

Think that's probably an old story resurrected by Spanish press. No chance we're buying him with two similar old boy left backs here already.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

more links to Acuna for 15 mil??? Guy is 32.... do we need more ageing left backs?

But it's his "dream move", perhaps he could fill in for Kamara and would you really want to disappoint him?  Marcos Acuña - Stats and titles won - 23/24 :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Yes to Gallagher - if it is possible. Chelsea surely selling him now though. 

Gallagher is good but def not world class.  Dont let him being English cloud your judgement.  Sky and the likes hype English players up to something they aren’t 

• Like 1

I don’t like the rumours coming out of City are saying they are up to letting Edison leave.  

Out of all our players, Martinez is the one id least like to see sold.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Gallagher is good but def not world class.  Dont let him being English cloud your judgement.  Sky and the likes hype English players up to something they aren’t 

I wouldn't call JJ world class, yet, but certainly see Gallagher on his level if not ahead - yes to more of those players in our team if given the choice. 

Â