Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

Id take Werner if Spurs didnt complete a deal for him - be a good option

Have you seen him play for Spurs? It’s back to his Chelsea days, no thank you.  He doesn’t seem to be suited to PL football.

• Like 1

Werner is fast, relatively useful on the ball, but he couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a banjo. I'd rather play Morgan Rogers or Duran and let them reach their potential. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Werner is fast, relatively useful on the ball, but he couldn't hit a donkey's arse with a banjo. I'd rather play Morgan Rogers or Duran and let them reach their potential. 

Both of whom belong to us and are already more effective PL players

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Have you seen him play for Spurs? It’s back to his Chelsea days, no thank you.  He doesn’t seem to be suited to PL football.

always seems to make something happen when I see him play, think hed suit us in certain games

4 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

Id take Werner if Spurs didnt complete a deal for him - be a good option

Not for me.
Ollie is absolutely first choice. Duran is developing nicely, as is Rogers, who may end up in a slightly different role.

I don't think we need expensive squad players. Countinho, Dendonker, Sanson, etc do us no good, except hurt PSR.
Squad players (i.e. those who would not start regularly) generally need to be developmental younger players who are improving, or low cost players who getting rid of would require money to be invested in a replacement.

Werner would not challenge Ollie; is not young (28), and is not cheap (about £10m a year salary, and probably £20m to buy?). 

• Like 1

We’d be the perfect move for him at this age to continue his development. It’s very doubtful it’s true but him, Ollie and Duran with Rogers also is one hell of a forward line. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We’d be the perfect move for him at this age to continue his development. It’s very doubtful it’s true but him, Ollie and Duran with Rogers also is one hell of a forward line. 

Zirkzee, Watkins & Bailey. What a front three.

8 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I was never a big fan of his in Germany before he moved to Chelsea, however I thought he was very dangerous VS us the other day.

I agree though - rather play those pair.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Is is just me, or is he giving prime Grealish vibes?

Get what you mean, but he looks trickier than Grealish. Not saying that means he's better than prime Grealish by any means though! Just a different style.

Edited by Tom13

10 hours ago, duke313 said:

Probably bollocks.

He'd cost a fair whack. Haven't Bayern got something like a €40m sell on clause?

Edited by stewiek2

27 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He'd cost a fair whack. Haven't Bayern got something like a €40m sell on clause?

No clue how true that is.

He's an outstanding forward. Real athlete with some size, which we dearly need.

Him and Watkins have both broadly been lone strikers this season, it'd be interesting to see them paired up. Would be absolutely ferocious to play against.

Mad Jhon to fill in for either would be a nice role for him as well.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Is is just me, or is he giving prime Grealish vibes?

I see what you mean - but faster.  He looks like this year's Lee Kang In. The player  that looks brilliant, maybe not crazy expensive,  good fit.... and goes to PSG 

45 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No clue how true that is.

He's an outstanding forward. Real athlete with some size, which we dearly need.

Him and Watkins have both broadly been lone strikers this season, it'd be interesting to see them paired up. Would be absolutely ferocious to play against.

Mad Jhon to fill in for either would be a nice role for him as well.

€40m release clause is more reasonable. If he settled he looks a Klopp type signing, potential Salah replacement, thank god he's buggering off end of the season and we can get him in.

Â