Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I wonder how the UEFA squad rules will play into our transfers this summer. We will have a maximum squad of 21 and then 4 club trained players. Ramsey is one. Then we need to maybe bring Archer back, Philogene back and keep Tim maybe and have those 4. Sinisalo might be our 3rd keeper he qualifies too.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I wonder how the UEFA squad rules will play into our transfers this summer. We will have a maximum squad of 21 and then 4 club trained players. Ramsey is one. Then we need to maybe bring Archer back, Philogene back and keep Tim maybe and have those 4. Sinisalo might be our 3rd keeper he qualifies too.

I can't see Archer having much of a role in our first team squad. He will probably be sold if we have buy him back.

Philogene is an interesting one as I would have kept him at Villa as I believed (and still do) that he's ready for the Premier league.  But we have bought Rogers and have Buendia coming back. As a result I'm not convinced bringing him back is the best option. We almost certainly have a sell on clause there and premier league teams will be interested.

Tim will be kept and be in that squad I'd expect. Sinsalo as the third keeper makes sense, but we may sell or loan him out as I don't see how he is ready for this level.

Kellyman might qualify next season, if so I think he'll be in there. 

Otherwise I don't see any that are ready. Maybe Kadan Young? How has he been getting on this season for the u18's and u23's?

I agree fully re Archer. He’s done nothing at Sheff Utd to suggest he’s good enough for us. Buy him back and sell him to one of the clubs promoted from the championship.

Philogene is intriguing. We have a space for another winger/forward but in a perfect world we could buy Nico Williams if we make champions league but question is do we have the PSR room to do that? Philogene might just be the bargain option. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I say all this to say that, with all the talk of " Needing a bit sale for FFP ".Kamara may actually be one I'd be more willing to sell for good money than any of the others me tioned. ( Ramsey, McGinn etc )

I posted similar recently that he's highest paid in squad and coming in on a free would make him like academy player sale for FFP/P&S surely

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As much as some dislike Gregg Evans, he made a good point on the last 1874 podcast with Bardell.

He said that, Villa have to be weary that it seems Kamara does get a number of injuries, and usually long ones.

Missed 35 percent of last season, and is set to miss 50 percent of this one ( Or something like that )

Also said he feels like his properties can be adequately replaced, or are easier to replace in our team.

Some may be up in arms, but I've come around to the fact that I probably agree 

I say all this to say that, with all the talk of " Needing a big sale for FFP ".Kamara may actually be one I'd be more willing to sell for good money than any of the others mentioned. ( Ramsey, McGinn etc )

I do feel we could get midfielders in to not necessarily replicate him exactly, but who could take up an effective place in our system.

Also feel less of an emotional connection to him than many of our other players ( Not that this matters obviously )

This isn't me advocating for selling him either by the way.

Only problem is he may not be fit before the summer deadline! So who will buy him?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Only problem is he may not be fit before the summer deadline! So who will buy him?

Exactly and he isn’t easy to replicate either.

We also need a second DCM so it would be two new DCM which isn’t ideal.

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Exactly and he isn’t easy to replicate either.

We also need a second DCM so it would be two new DCM which isn’t ideal.

I would actually prefer to not sell ANY of our first XI players, and either way as you say, either needs a backup to, or someone who can come in for him when injured.

I guess sits also about thoughts and preferences, and again people saying we need to sell someone for big money ( If that turns out to be true )

So I've put into thought who could potentially bring the most money whilst potentially affecting us the least.

I don't want to sell any of our forwards ( At a stretch Duran ). I don't want to sell Ramsey, McGinn or Luiz.

Back line ones are obvious... I don't want to sell Moreno or Digne, but understand their ages/wages ( Especially on Digne ) so he could/will probably go, but won't bring big money.

Everyone knows the CBs we don't want to sell. I wouldn't even want to sell Cash... But could understand if he were to be sacrificed ( Wouldn't necessarily like it though )

I also think some people are coming from a place of " We could never replace Kamara " forgetting that we signed him when we were scrapping relegation.

We have alot more.pull now, and there is a whole world of Football players out there. I refuse to believe we couldn't find a DCM or CM which is adequate for us now and in the future.

And yes I know there are examples of big clubs which may have beeb looking for DMs and failed, but for everyone of them, there is a Brighton etc who do it time and time again.

Most importantly, as @Kiwivillan noted, he is on big wages and was signed for a free, so from an FFP perspective it would make sense.

I've said before that my preference is we qualify for CL, increase our turnover with sponsorships etc, keep all our key players, and generate extra income by selling deadwood and offloading their wages.

I don't want to break the group up.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would actually prefer to not sell ANY of our first XI players, and either way as you say, either needs a backup to, or someone who can come in for him when injured.

I guess sits also about thoughts and preferences, and again people saying we need to sell someone for big money ( If that turns out to be true )

So I've put into thought who could potentially bring the most money whilst potentially affecting us the least.

I don't want to sell any of our forwards ( At a stretch Duran ). I don't want to sell Ramsey, McGinn or Luiz.

Back line ones are obvious... I don't want to sell Moreno or Digne, but understand their ages/wages ( Especially on Digne ) so he could/will probably go, but won't bring big money.

Everyone knows the CBs we don't want to sell. I wouldn't even want to sell Cash... But could understand if he were to be sacrificed ( Wouldn't necessarily like it though )

I also think some people are coming from a place of " We could never replace Kamara " forgetting that we signed him when we were scrapping relegation.

We have alot more.pull now, and there is a whole world of Football players out there. I refuse to believe we couldn't find a DCM or CM which is adequate for us now and in the future.

And yes I know there are examples of big clubs which may have beeb looking for DMs and failed, but for everyone of them, there is a Brighton etc who do it time and time again.

Most importantly, as @Kiwivillan noted, he is on big wages and was signed for a free, so from an FFP perspective it would make sense.

I've said before that my preference is we qualify for CL, increase our turnover with sponsorships etc, keep all our key players, and generate extra income by selling deadwood and offloading their wages.

Well a load of them should go anyway as I pointed out and most of them are really fringe players.

Like I said he isn’t easy to replicate and no one is buying a player who has done his ACL especially when he is still playing injured during that window. 
Anyone reshaping can cross off Ming, Kamara and Buendia off the list off possibles.

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As much as some dislike Gregg Evans, he made a good point on the last 1874 podcast with Bardell.

He said that, Villa have to be weary that it seems Kamara does get a number of injuries, and usually long ones.

Missed 35 percent of last season, and is set to miss 50 percent of this one ( Or something like that )

Also said he feels like his properties can be adequately replaced, or are easier to replace in our team.

Some may be up in arms, but I've come around to the fact that I probably agree 

I say all this to say that, with all the talk of " Needing a big sale for FFP ".Kamara may actually be one I'd be more willing to sell for good money than any of the others mentioned. ( Ramsey, McGinn etc )

I do feel we could get midfielders in to not necessarily replicate him exactly, but who could take up an effective place in our system.

Also feel less of an emotional connection to him than many of our other players ( Not that this matters obviously )

This isn't me advocating for selling him either by the way.

Disagree, knee injuries can happen to anyone and it's really just bad luck. He's had two. 

It's different to players who keep getting muscle injuries or hamstring injuries. They are basically wear and tear and how their body can deal with the load.

Also in the "Big sale" Kamara won't be sold be sold as he's out until Oct at the very earliest and probably more like Nov/Dec before we can bring him back full time. 

However, in general I think we need proper competition for Kamara as he is a very good defensive player and covering for RCB he's very good. However he isn't an intense presser and we need a different profile for the 6 role as an alternative. A real grafter and physical presence

Edited by CVByrne

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Again JV though, who would buy him given he’s injured with an ACL and won’t be fully fit before end of summer window.  He’s not going anywhere this summer solely because he has that injury.  

It’s a pointless discussion to put Kamara in that bucket of potential sales in the summer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Again JV though, who would buy him given he’s injured with an ACL and won’t be fully fit before end of summer window.  He’s not going anywhere this summer solely because he has that injury.  

It’s a pointless discussion to put Kamara in that bucket of potential sales in the summer.

And even if there was an offer it likely would not be at the premium we'd want, due to that injury.

• Like 2

Imagine what it would say to the players if they all come out in support of Kamara, T shirts and all, and then we sell him as soon as he's fit.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Will that be your defence in court Mr Glitter? 😉😂

To be fair I have also heard rumours that @Vive_La_Villa can't sweat and is a regular visitor to pizza joints a long way away from Bournemouth... 😉

• Haha 4

Â