Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, beasley14 said:

He signed in August, NSWE brought the club in July so I think he was the first and only signing in that window.  Fair play to Bruce there.

We signed Nyland as well

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

He's never done his ACL, Mings has done his multiple times. 

Konsa would be our only right footed CB if we sold Carlos. I think it's not on the clubs radar at all to let him leave. 

Also selling him doesn't even help with FFP as there's no profit to book. 

Ah of course, was his Achilles, we get so many ACLs I just assumed 🤣.

I agree with you! I don't want to sell him and think the risk of getting somebody worse or needing time to settle is worse when Mings is an unknown and Pau misses games

But profit to book or not he would generate cash and the savings on his wage probably make it the 'sensible' move. And preferred to cashing in on a bigger name player imo.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

I’m wondering if Diaby is a luxury we can afford to live without - given the spend and minutes he’s getting 

Someone who is better at the numbers (or a bit more arsed) should confirm, but since we paid more than £50m for Diaby a year ago presumably his book value is still around £40m or something? Gonna be hard to make a profit on him if we sell him, hence we won't. 

14 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’ve already pointed out that selling the deadwood doesn’t work when I posted all the amortisation values.

you could sell them all but Watkins that I mentioned and yea you could get in a right back and left back for sure for decent fees but you couldn’t sign the other two players which would leave us exceptionally light. 1 injured DCM and 3 centre backs.

Just as well we won't be buying any more fullbacks then isn't it.

Why are you even discussing selling Watkins. Can you name 10 better strikers than him in world football? 

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Why are you even discussing selling Watkins

If the right offer come in I think the board would look at it, if it means it gives the club a healthy FFP margin. 

Let's face facts, until our revenue starts increasing we have no choice but to sell players for the right price, it blows I know but what other choice done have? Invent a company to sponsor us for 100m? Cook the books?

I really would not be surprised to see a top player leave in the summer to help spear the additions to the squad. 

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Watkins is the most irreplaceable player we have. There is simply no one available or affordable to us at playing the way he does and operating at anywhere near the same level.

Its absurd but then I remember we havent had a lets sell Ollie discussion in a few months. People say sell him and replace with poorer options like David or Tammy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its absurd but then I remember we havent had a lets sell Ollie discussion in a few months. People say sell him and replace with poorer options like David or Tammy

Tammy has been a flop since left us. I think he scored 7 in 8 in Chelsea then blanked for nearly rest of the season

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Watkins is the most irreplaceable player we have. There is simply no one available or affordable to us at playing the way he does and operating at anywhere near the same level.

I’d say him and Emi are on par. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Kane could be a a available in the summer 😆

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Just as well we won't be buying any more fullbacks then isn't it.

Why are you even discussing selling Watkins. Can you name 10 better strikers than him in world football? 

So we keep the player who is the easiest to upgrade in the squad and a bench player who is on 125k a week and both players who play that position for us are 31…. Ok.

why are we discussing it? The reason has already been set out in a long post, read it

Could I name the top ten strikers in world football? Sure.

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

So we keep the player who is the easiest to upgrade in the squad and a bench player who is on 125k a week and both players who play that position for us are 31…. Ok.

why are we discussing it? The reason has already been set out in a long post, read it

Could I name the top ten strikers in world football? Sure.

Cash in and Digne? They should and probably will be sold yes, but we’ve already bought two new fullbacks.

Go on then…

13 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Personally I wouldnt sell either...but

If you did need to sell Ramsey, Diaby, buendia then they are sellable to teams below you. 

Watkins, Luiz, etc will only go to clubs above you and there aren't many of those. 

Are we that confident that Buendia is coming back effective. He's got an injury to get over and we're now asking him to contribute to a top 4 side. I don't see Buendia starting for Arsenal, Liverpool, City and I think that is where we're trying to be. 

You can’t sell him he’s been out for a year, also the teams we want to compete with generate 3 times our revenue, we won’t compete with them on a sustained basis without the owners wanting to put large amounts of cash in and to do that you need to generate FFP profits on players we sell. It ain’t rocket science 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Cash in and Digne? They should and probably will be sold yes, but we’ve already bought two new fullbacks.

Go on then…

Ah yea the 18 year old from the Serbian league and a player who hasn’t played professional football yet.

be serious 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, beasley14 said:

Linked with Hermoso on a free.   Sell Carlos and sign Hermoso.... depends on wages obvs

There will be others for sure.  As others have said being in CL will have a huge impact 1) extra revenue 2) ability to sign top quality players free or not

Won't do much for FFP and would be another older centre back and a third left footer.

12 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Realistically we’re not going to be able to get £15m for Diego Carlos, so that’ll either be a loan out, or he’ll stay as backup. 

And no way we’re getting anywhere near enough of a fee to consider selling McGinn. Think that ship has sailed, and honestly I’m glad! Let’s keep him as long as he wants. Would be great if he could do 10 years here and get a testimonial. 

With regards to Hermoso, I saw him live earlier in the week at San Siro, and he was probably the worst player on the pitch. But he was playing against one of the best teams in the world, so I won’t judge him purely on that. 

I think we would roughly get that for him

Â