Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, useless said:

He was more than an okay Champioinship player, he was statistically one of the best, for the first half of the season, a few Middlesbrough fans saying different to make themselves feel better about losing him doesn't change that. If he wasn't doing very well we wouldn't have signed him, we've got top coaching staff who can improve players, but those players have to have something about them in the first place, we can't just magically turn average players into players as good as Rogers is proving to be so far

How he played in the championships is irrelevant. I've seen enough of him playing in the premier league to see that we have got a top player. If Ramsey was fit then I'd actually start Morgan over him, given the form he is in at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, villan95 said:

The talent was obviously there for Man City to sign him as a youngster from West Brom but maybe something else has clicked.

Emery 

• Like 4

Just now, tinker said:

Emery 

To be fair Rogers deserves a lot of credit too.  He's clearly paid a lot of attention to what Emery and the coaching team are telling him and he's putting all of that into his performances.  He was brilliant going forwards today but he was also very good at retaining possession when the time called and defended well too.  At one point in the second half he touched the ball in the LM, CF, RW and LB positions in the space of about 40 seconds.  I almost started to think that he must have an identical twin.... 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A few more under the radar players like this please Monchi. Let United and Chelsea waste their money on the likes of Antony and Nicholas Jackson.

I was never worried about us not signing Jackson, if Emery thought he was the real deal we would have taken him from Villarreal.

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A few more under the radar players like this please Monchi. Let United and Chelsea waste their money on the likes of Antony and Nicholas Jackson.

I'm not sure Monchi would have had much involvement in identifying him. Rogers is ex Baggie academy, as is most of the academy staff at VP now. Glad he signed off on it though. 

Just now, Xela said:

I'm not sure Monchi would have had much involvement in identifying him. Rogers is ex Baggie academy, as is most of the academy staff at VP now. Glad he signed off on it though. 

Mark Harrison says hi!

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen a signing from the lower leagues improve so much in about a month as he has. First few weeks he was struggling on the ball and out of possession (West Ham away) but he looks fully at home in the prem now, ball was glued to his feet for most of the first half and was an excellent finish at key moment in the game.

Bloke looks like he actually enjoys showing players he can power through them even when several are hanging on to his shirt at the same time 😂.

As mentioned in match thread, would love to see a fully fit and flowing JJ on the left, with Rogers as inside forward/10 as he is now!

Strength, size, skills, and power, the ceiling is high!

Masterstroke from Unai and scouting team on this kid.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Â