FA Cup 3rd Rd 4/8 January

andykeenan

Liverpool are so good at bringing through youth.  Quansah Jones Elliot Clark and that rb today all played.  And as much as i hate Klopp , his bottle to bring on 2 18 year olds at nil nil showed real belief.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Liverpool are so good at bringing through youth.  Quansah Jones Elliot Clark and that rb today all played.  And as much as i hate Klopp , his bottle to bring on 2 18 year olds at nil nil showed real belief.  

I'm not sure its much to do with klopp. Liverpool have very little depth, it's been the same there for a long time. City and Arsenal have much better depth. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I'm not sure its much to do with klopp. Liverpool have very little depth, it's been the same there for a long time. City and Arsenal have much better depth. 

Their depth is the youth players. That's the point @MWARLEY2 is making.

Quansah, Elliott and Jones are in their twenties, and have plenty of first team experience, was only Clarke that's untested. Also Elliott and Clarke didn't come through the Liverpool youth systems, they were poached from Fulham and Newcastle at scholarship age, Clarke is Lee Clarke's son.

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah, about that...

Well, we got flattered and 3-0 down just 20 minutes in. I was about to think ‘this could be 7’ but it finished 4-1. We gave West Brom too much respect and didn’t really get going. Credit to Tommy Widdrington for getting us to the 3rd round at least. West Brom played some of their first team so it was really tricky for us.

The Hawthorns is a decent stadium, really enjoyed it apart from the score!

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Thought this match tonight might be interesting, but hadn't appreciated that Wigan were towards the bottom of league one. 

Should be a pretty even contest against Man Utd then 😉

Steven Sessegnon plays for Wigan?! He was the next big thing when we lost against Fulham in the play off final 

1 minute ago, Giro said:

Steven Sessegnon plays for Wigan?! He was the next big thing when we lost against Fulham in the play off final 

Surely you meant his brother Ryan?

Â