FA Cup 3rd Rd 4/8 January

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've moaned an awful lot about VAR this season but I didn't realise just how much it frustrates me until I watched a game without it. It's not a classic game, but this is up there with the most I've enjoyed 45 minutes of football all season.

Yeah it might correct the odd howler, but more often than not it-'s re-refereeing marginal calls and ruining the enjoyment of the game. It's not worth it.

I am slightly concerned that without VAR our high line might be subject to a few wrongful onsides.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've moaned an awful lot about VAR this season but I didn't realise just how much it frustrates me until I watched a game without it. It's not a classic game, but this is up there with the most I've enjoyed 45 minutes of football all season.

Yeah it might correct the odd howler, but more often than not it-'s re-refereeing marginal calls and ruining the enjoyment of the game. It's not worth it.

Well this is it. Maybe I’m just looking back with tinted specs but I swear game changing refereeing mistakes never happened that often. VAR just seems to create more by massively dissecting everything. The number of mistakes corrected is not worth the wholesale impact it has had on the enjoyment of the game, and this game proves that. 

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Sunderland trying to play Emeryball when they just don't have the players lol.

They don’t have the shape either. The ball out from the keeper to the pivot has been a hospital pass a few times, they nearly got done in the first half and they didn’t learn. There’s got to be an easy first time pass option for the guy receiving the ball from the keeper or he’s just going to get pressed into oblivion. 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Bruno acting like a total chump

I don't understand why you'd do that at 2-0 up. Super cringe-worthy and you're more likely to liven up the home crowd.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, switters said:

I don't understand why you'd do that at 2-0 up. Super cringe-worthy and you're more likely to liven up the home crowd.

He was standing in front of 6000 Newcastle fans at the time. I think it’s obvious why he did it. 

Â