Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

along those lines rather than…

🤢 

spacer.png

Not sure if you’re doing the logo on the building to show how it will look, but that’s not there as of 10 minutes ago. 

38 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Not sure if you’re doing the logo on the building to show how it will look, but that’s not there as of 10 minutes ago. 

Yeah just a quick mockup… hoping they paint and use the detailed lion rather than the flat, plain yellow one…. and that absurd drop shadow.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah just a quick mockup… hoping they paint and use the detailed lion rather than the flat, plain yellow one…. and that absurd drop shadow.

I agree between the two, yes. They know they’re teasing everyone with that one though. All the other mini crests have the adidas logo painted in or at least mocked up and not painted over the blue. So this one is special 

I'm not expecting anything other than the Adidas logo painted in those shields. They're not gonna launch the kit brand, new kit and new badge on the same day. 

10 hours ago, thabucks said:

just seen these on eBay … customized adidas spezial honouring our 82 Euro Cup win … 

Link to ebay

Can see them doing this colour way for us … 

Worth noting before you order them - there are a couple of errors on the tongue of the shoe.

The score should read Bayern and not Munich - although that's maybe pedantic.

The important one is that the stadium should read De Kuip and not De Kulip. I'd want assurance that's getting fixed before I parted with my cash.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

the marketing department is going for it to be fair to them

like i said the game tonight didnt need a fat lot else attached to it but this is working for me, im buzzing / jittery already, its like there's a cup final tonight

Posted (edited)

I didn't really like the double border, I think it uses up valuable vertical and horizontal space that mean, particularly when it's displayed in small dimensions, our name and lion are smaller than they would otherwise be if we scaled them up to file the space without the border.

It does look pretty smart when used like that though, and makes it much more unique and distinctly our shape.

Wonder what we'll do on the home shirt, the claret outside border will be lost but maybe that's ok if the alternative is another border around the whole badge :D 

Edited by Davkaus

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't really like the double border, I think it uses up valuable vertical and horizontal space that mean, particularly when it's displayed in small dimensions, our name and lion are smaller than they would otherwise be if we scaled them up to file the space without the border.

It does look pretty smart when used like that though, and makes it much more unique and distinctly our shape.

Wonder what we'll do on the home shirt, the claret outside border will be lost but maybe that's ok if the alternative is another border around the whole badge :D 

We've used shield patches/borders a lot over the years, although they've always been claret, like the below and what we used between 95 and 99:

BP414589.jpg

No room for them now on a shirt with a massive sponsor and logos placed so high they're on your collar bone, but I think we'll have gone with the double border so that it doesn't matter. The white becomes effectively the outer border, and then it stands out from the shirt. 

Edited by MrBlack

Â