Weekends Football 15/17 December

andykeenan

This is Liverpool's big chance to win the league for quite a few years imo, arguably the last major chance they get under Klopp.

Interested to see how they handle the pressure as the season goes on. Pretty sure they would've gone top with a win at Luton weeks ago but couldn't do that and they choked a bit today. Were also incredibly lucky to win last week at Palace when Ayew got that ridiculous red.

Nunez was poor today and I just don't think he's good enough as CF to decide games like this and when they get back in CL. That will be another issue for them once Salah heads off to Saudi Arabia next summer.

Now they've lost their home invincibility they could well struggle v Arsenal next weekend. Arsenal should've won there last year but messed up the game management once they went 2-0 up.

Dispatch Sheffield united and then get the beers in for that match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Have to be happy with that.

Man. United win their cup final 0-0 and Liverpool lose their invincible home tag.

So we're only UK team with 100% home record now? That's pretty cool and some achievement.

Super entertaining weekend of football. I’m glad Virgil Van Dijk is still convinced that Liverpool are better than they actually are. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

It's the type of officiating where I'd question his motivation. Maybe Oliver put a cheeky tenner on Dalot getting sent off. 

Exactly, if Dalot said something deeply offensive then it’s straight red. The 2 yellows really don’t make any sense.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Why are sky using our old badge on the table?

Did you miss the badge farce? Our "new badge" is only on our kit and training gear, everything else, including our own website and social media uses the old one, until we release a new one next season.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Did you miss the badge farce? Our "new badge" is only on our kit and training gear, everything else, including our own website and social media uses the old one, until we release a new one next season.

Clearly I did miss the badge farce then. Thanks for confirming.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Harry kane on a hattrick with 30 mins left 

I think leverkusen are guaranteed to be top for the winter break though 

Leverkusen will be top for the winter breaks as they are four points clear with one round of fixtures remaining before the Winter Break.  Bayern have a game in hand because they had one snowed off a couple of weeks ago. 

Kane is on 20 goals and 5 assists in 14 Bundesliga appearances.  

Just watching MOTD 2 now.

Blimey how many managers were booked today? Unai, Frank, Arteta (again), O’Neil so far…

I know it ends 0-0 but I’m hoping Klopp and Ten Hag clotheslined each other to keep this tally going and give us something interesting to watch.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was so bizarre how Nunez decided to stop and request a penalty rather than collect the ball and shoot :lol: 

The guy is an absolute brain dead footballer. One of the worst players about for his price tag

Â