maqroll

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the more accurate narrative is that folk think we should be more like Everton and West Ham in terms of their results away ( who we have beaten at home comfortably) they have won 5 & 4 away respectively against our 3.

Its not a crisis, by any stretch of the imagination.....but Wolves ,Forest and Bournemouth, we might have done better.

Forest was particularly disappointing in comparison to our general season, we could have beaten Wolves, with a last Minute effort, and Bournemouth we done well to salvage a point....but none of those games was convincing.

It depends, what we want, before evaluating what we should expect.....Personally, I think we will do well to finish 6th, as we are still WIP.

I still think we can win.....with the right application, but its down to that, for me.

That would be the same West Ham we destroyed at VP....yes. They were even luckier to beat Spurs away than we were. Also scrambled a 2-1 at Burnley late on while we strolled to a win there so I wouldn't say that's a great template to follow.

Everton are ridiculous on the road currently, won 5 of their last six which is more away wins than what they produced in 21-23 combined. That's just an abnormality though, same as Bournemouth winning their last three away games out of nowhere.

We're doing o.k. By end of season I'd expect us to have won 8 away games and drawn 4-5 so we accumulate around 30 away points. We do that and we only need 40 points from our home games (we're currently on 24) to get top 4 most likely.

Can’t really complain with that lineup (considering the absences), a few options on the bench to change things up too.

Looking forward to seeing McGinn run that central midfield - he’s excelling under Unai’s tutelage and really driving us on!

Minutes for JJ, the sooner he hits form the better for us.

Time for Diaby to step up and stake a claim for that starting position. Great competition between him and Bailey now…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Hopefully Cash can produce a performance more like against Burnley than Spurs

I think he’ll be RWB not RW - that lineup to me says a 3-5-2 to compensate for Dougie missing. We will see though, Emery is smarter than me.

• Like 1

Too much fixation on Cash let him play don’t jump on the first perceived error and see what happens. At the end of the day Emery has selected him and he sees/ knows a lot more in football terms than anyone on here.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Farlz said:

Our record away at Brentford is pretty awful. We aren't particularly good away from home either as is and then add to that we've got Dougie missing. 

Would take a point honestly. 

Villa have never this and villa have never that…. PROFESSOR EMERY is all i need to say previous stats and records matter not with this man in charge 🤝

However I’ll take a draw 🤣

UTV 💜

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think he’ll be RWB not RW - that lineup to me says a 3-5-2 to compensate for Dougie missing. We will see though, Emery is smarter than me.

Hmm I would have thought it's our usual shape but as you say we'll see 🙂

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, missing are; Mings, Buendia, Olsen, Digne, Douglas Luiz, Tielemans and Traore,?

cant believe I am saying this BUT. I don't think we have missed Ming's and his one a match clanger. The way we play this high line,  he would worry me