Weekends Football 8/10 December

andykeenan

53 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's such a shame that they were allowed to sign a multi-year £40m a year shirt deal with a company that makes £10m a year - otherwise, Chelsea's long term finances might be starting to force them into a defensive position on FFP that would mean they couldn't think of spending their way out of this.

The chelsea business plan is amusing to me. They've put all these players on 7-8 year deals to spread costs but if they're just floating around 9th-10th for next few seasons all these players will want out surely?

Take Mudryk. He's a work in progress to put it mildly. However he could've gone to Arsenal last january. Wouldn't be getting in the team but he'd be a squad player at CL club with serious chance of winning the title. Chelsea also signing these players on lower salaries than they'd get elsewhere so basically Mudryk would also be getting double wages at Arsenal when you factor in bonuses for europe. Same if Caciedo had gone to Liverpool and if Real Madrid come in for Enzo Fernandez.

I think Bohely just came up with this revolutionary idea as he probably just assumed Potter was out of his depth and Poch would quickly get them back into top 6 at least.

I really think it's all going to implode there soon as you feel the core of their squad are slowly realising they're on worse deals than at other clubs so it's impacting on team spirit.

Not sure if there's penalty clauses in the deals they're signing either. Man. United have a 15-20m penalty clause if they don't make the CL in one of their kit deals I think.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea also signing these players on lower salaries than they'd get elsewhere

What makes you think they are paying under market value wages?

Mudryk’s deal with Arsenal was almost done, why would he take a massive pay cut to join Chelsea?

Edited by Genie

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The chelsea business plan is amusing to me. They've put all these players on 7-8 year deals to spread costs but if they're just floating around 9th-10th for next few seasons all these players will want out surely?

Take Mudryk. He's a work in progress to put it mildly. However he could've gone to Arsenal last january. Wouldn't be getting in the team but he'd be a squad player at CL club with serious chance of winning the title. Chelsea also signing these players on lower salaries than they'd get elsewhere so basically Mudryk would also be getting double wages at Arsenal when you factor in bonuses for europe. Same if Caciedo had gone to Liverpool and if Real Madrid come in for Enzo Fernandez.

I think Bohely just came up with this revolutionary idea as he probably just assumed Potter was out of his depth and Poch would quickly get them back into top 6 at least.

I really think it's all going to implode there soon as you feel the core of their squad are slowly realising they're on worse deals than at other clubs so it's impacting on team spirit.

Not sure if there's penalty clauses in the deals they're signing either. Man. United have a 15-20m penalty clause if they don't make the CL in one of their kit deals I think.

This is what’s crazy. Why were those clubs even in for these players? They look dreadful. Mudryk wouldn’t get minutes for us. Enzo/Caicedo wouldn’t either. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They just have hardly anything on the bench to change things, Wilson is back on today after two months out but he'll probably be put on too late to change it.

They still win pretty much all their home games but away from home they're getting exposed playing the same team week in week out.

The big question is how their squad is so dogshite after all the money they’ve spent 

• Haha 1

Don't mind Spurs winning today.

The big result for us was them messing up v West Ham.

Even with this win they're still 5 off us and have Brighton away coming up soon.

Great Newcastle are losing all these away games. Just need them to start dropping some points in home games and they'll be little to worry about come the new year.

Isn't this season great?!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is what’s crazy. Why were those clubs even in for these players? They look dreadful. Mudryk wouldn’t get minutes for us. Enzo/Caicedo wouldn’t either. 

I mean Dendoncker came on yesterday so I'm sure Enzo/Caicedo would get some minutes 😅

Â