Weekends Football 8/10 December

andykeenan

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Both things can be true, surely?

We dominated them, were by far the better team, but it's probably the worst Man City have played under Pep. We deserve credit for capitalising on a poor performance and making it hard for them to get into gear, but I think it's fair to say they weren't at their best.

As Guardiola nor Arteta nor Klopp would never say about an opposing team. To win trophies, Villains need to get mean!

Edited by Django_Zooms

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would rather see spurs get a win here if it's not a draw, preferably with a couple of injuries added in for Newcastle. Newcastle are probably still a bigger threat when it comes to a top 4 finish.

I kind of go the other way in that I think 5th will end up being enough for Champions League and I agree Newcastle are a bigger threat for top 4 - so for me, if we can take advantage of the chaos at Man Utd and Spurs can continue to deflate, then we might have a chance of turning it into a five horse race for the top four in the new year, where fifth might still be a winning position.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's such a shame that they were allowed to sign a multi-year £40m a year shirt deal with a company that makes £10m a year - otherwise, Chelsea's long term finances might be starting to force them into a defensive position on FFP that would mean they couldn't think of spending their way out of this.

I doubt FFP means a whole lot to Chelsea. 

Commentary over here said the big story at the Spurs-Saudis game is that Newcastle is decimated by injuries.   What?   And Spurs aren’t?   Newcastle starting 11 looks pretty strong for me, except GK.

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm in two minds. They look shit every week, and they've spent a fortune...But they've spent it on vast amounts of shit. 

I'd want Reece James in our team, and that's about it.

I wouldn't. He spends more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

Commentary over here said the big story at the Spurs-Saudis game is that Newcastle is decimated by injuries.   What?   And Spurs aren’t?   Newcastle starting 11 looks pretty strong for me, except GK.

Other than pope and maybe burn who's missing? They've got a kid in midfield because of gambling not injuries 

Â