Formula One - 2024

BOF

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Good excuse for him to leave, be very interesting if he goes to Ferrari. Personally, I think he'll take a break.

I can't see him taking a break, he's 65 and at the peak of his powers - if he were to take a year out it would be difficult for him to come straight back in.

11 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Pretty much this, Newley going to any team has the ability to make them a force, should Max move to the same team then all we have is Red Bull mark 2. Same procession just a different leader.

If that happens then hopefully we at least get a season or two of transition so it'll be remotely interesting again

• Like 1

With Newey going and citing the issues with the allegations against Horner, how long is it until Horner's pushed out? F1 is a very incestuous sport, and people talk. Will Horner be seen as toxic? Alternatively, Red Bull will be the dominant team for this season and next, so do they wait until the 2026 changes?

And today is the 30th anniversary of the death of Ayrton Senna, in case your social media feed hasn't already bombarded you with that fact :)  And yesterday was the same for Roland Ratzenberger.

A weekend I will never ever forget.

Rubens Barrichello flirted with the devil that weekend too.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2024 at 11:57, BOF said:

And today is the 30th anniversary of the death of Ayrton Senna, in case your social media feed hasn't already bombarded you with that fact :)  And yesterday was the same for Roland Ratzenberger.

A weekend I will never ever forget.

Rubens Barrichello flirted with the devil that weekend too.

I remember that weekend so well, I was a kid, didn't really understand the sport, but my step-dad and grandad were well into it so it'd always be on. I was stopping with my grandparents that weekend and remember my grandad explaining what happened to Ratzenburger, he was very shook up by it, I'd never seen that before.

When it happened to Senna, he was numb to it, literally silent. Not because it was Senna, but because the whole weekend was so tragic. It's mad. So tragic for so many people. I don't know the history of that track before nor after, other than they changed a couple of corners (I may be wrong) but shit that was a bad one.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Mercedes really have got themselves a pig of a car this year, whoever took them in the direction they chose at the start of 2022 literally ruined the team and they still haven’t recovered.

They really did go all in on the fact Newey must have made a mistake as their car was so much different to the Red Bull. Then to compound it they stuck with it for far too long.

Â